girl and weird situation

Don't know exactly where to put this but I just wanted some help with what I have been dealing with.

I have known this girl Molly for about 7 months, we started out kind of slow on the internet, talking on AIM a little bit, but eventually started talking more on AIM and realizing that we like each other. This was not a normal thing as we didn't see each other until about July and that was only for a little while. I have to say though, she is incredibly immature and changes her mind a lot. Keep in mind that I am 20, have only been in two relationships, and she is 17 and has never been in a relationship!

For example, one week she just seems to not want to talk to me and I messaged her about it and she says she doesn't like me more than a friend and she likes someone else. So i'm like okkkk, I'm really confused, but then a few days later she asks me to call her and I call and things seem to be back to normal. This happened at least one other time like this and I know they are just stupid games that I shouldn't have to deal with, but I really like her a lot.

So the past three or so weeks we have been talking about dating each other "sometime" but "not now", and things along those lines. She tells me she would like to date me sometime or someday and she would tell me when she was ready. So I guess this kind of makes me happy because I am not used to this kind of stuff with girls. Well we have are up and down days, talking more intimate some days and not as much other days, and then on this past Friday is when my friend is over and we both decide to go over her house and hang out with her and her brother. It's pretty cool, we are all just talking and joking around and that's about it.

I am a worried person so I always ask my friend "oh do you like Molly?! It seems like you do." half joking but always wondering. His answer was always a "no of course not! she's cute but nothing more." So this brings us to Sunday night when I have the strangest feeling that Molly and Greg are on the phone together... and I am right. They both admit that they like each other "a little bit" but have also been "talking on the phone as just friends" so now I am pretty angry and hurt and want to know what the hell is going on. Molly says they started liking each other on Friday when I (mistakenly?) took Greg with me to see her. She keeps on saying that she is really really confused, feels like a jerk because they were lying to me, and all that crap, she says I don't blame you if you don't want to talk to me for a while but I tell her idk. She also says that her parents don't want her in a relationship with a 20 year old but she turns 18 in 5 months, so she should be able to do what she wants then, right??!!

I am just way too forgiving of a person, I think that a normal person would just say screw both of them, that's it, but I don't do that! I keep wanting to talk to her, I discover that apparently weeks ago she had been wanting me to ask her out and she would have said yes, but she told me herself that she would tell me when she was ready! That is why I didn't ask her out! So anyways, she doesn't know what she wants, she is very confused, and it just seems like she is playing with me but I still can't stop thinking about her and I do want to be with her, but I know I shouldn't! And as for Greg, he says he still wants me and Molly to date, he would have made a move on her if he really wanted to, and keeps on trying to convince me that he is a good guy and wants the best for me.

Very confusing and dramatic situation that doesn't make me feel good at all. Half of me just wants to forget about her and move on but the other half just thinks she is perfect and wants to hold onto her. I just don't know what to do and I would greatly appreciate it if people could help me out with this situation and tell me what they think. Thanks a lot! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Its pretty ironic that everything that happened to you in just that, happened to me throughout this year so far.

i just broke off a friendship with this girl because of everything that happened between me and her in the Past. As i was explaining this to her through AIM, that we couldn't be friends anymore, halfway through my small (yet quick) speech, she just says, "Yeah. Sure. Whatever" and then just signs off. This was all due to the fact that i liked her months ago, and i got her together with my best friend. Who, she liked and not me. Every day throughout the coming months, my heart was more and more hurt since my friend always talked about how great his life was with her and how things were Perfect. so i pushed her away and i miss her too much for words.

What you can do, is let her decide what she wants. Either you or Greg because your not willing to put your life on hold for her. Am i right?