"____/Spookie" meeting on monday in location TBD

spookie

I'm nervous. WTF can this be about?

At first I was excited that this might mean I'm getting transferred, but what if I'm getting FIRED?

I'm afraid I'll do something really stupid if that's the case.... I just don't know what yet.

• Author

Option 1: I'm getting trasnfered.

This could be the beginning of something really... magical. My new life might start on Monday.

Option 2: I'm getting fired.

I have NO IDEA what I'd do. My credit is ****ed and I do NOT have enough money saved to live here without a job.

I can turn to stripping. Maybe. But do you know MUCH I drank when I was doing that? I'd get live cirrhosis.

I can... look for another job? But if I'm getting fired, I probably did something terrible, which means I probably don't want to use them for a reference, which means... I have no experience and a really sketchy background. Back to last May's square one, a frightening place to be.

I can move back to Austin. Just cause I know those ropes. And it'd be easy to survive.

I can... move home. Scratch that. I can't move home. Home is one place I can never, ever return to.

• Author

I just thought of another terrible scenario.

Maybe he's noticed me staring at his sas every time he walks away from me, and this is a meeting to warn me that it makes him uncomfortable.

Except, that wouldn't take an hour, would it?

Cherry Blossom 35

Can you think of any major mistakes you have made that would call for you to be fired?

Ugh, I always think the worst in these scenarios.

Maybe he is going to ask you out :love:

• Author
Can you think of any major mistakes you have made that would call for you to be fired?

Ugh, I always think the worst in these scenarios.

Maybe he is going to ask you out :love:

No! I mean, I haven't done anything shockingly brilliant in a while, but I think I'm doing ok. I mostly get s!ht done, I mean.

I HAVE been looser for a while with a few of my coworkers lately, though. I spent a lot of time laughing. Maybe he's bothered by how much I laugh and is thinking it indicates I don't take my job very seriously or something. (Not true.)

I just thought of another terrible scenario.

Maybe he's noticed me staring at his sas every time he walks away from me, and this is a meeting to warn me that it makes him uncomfortable.

Except, that wouldn't take an hour, would it?

:lmao::lmao: Spookie you are too much!! You're probably getting a new assignment. Whether it involves a transfer, I don't know. Don't sweat it. Generally, when you're in trouble, they haul you in without warning... they don't set up a meeting with you in advance. They let you know right away.

Although, I wouldn't stare at his @ss too much during the meeting.:lmao: Stop that! Bad girl!

You're so silly. You think they're going to give you a hard time about laughing?? ha ha.

If it's a job performance thing, then the worst you can expect is a reprimand of some sort. How often have you seen someone just get fired out of nowhere with no warning?

• Author
You're so silly. You think they're going to give you a hard time about laughing?? ha ha.

If it's a job performance thing, then the worst you can expect is a reprimand of some sort. How often have you seen someone just get fired out of nowhere with no warning?

I don't know. I'm not aware of those kinds of conventions. How could I be? Half the time I have no fcvking clue what's going on. Or what everyone's talking about.

• Author

I'm really nervous right now but also really... tingly at the existence of some chance that I might get to touch him soon. I've SO been looking forward to it, all the fantasizing is getting painful.

I'm nervous. WTF can this be about?

At first I was excited that this might mean I'm getting transferred, but what if I'm getting FIRED?

I'm afraid I'll do something really stupid if that's the case.... I just don't know what yet.

Welcome change.

What line of work are you in?

I don't know. I'm not aware of those kinds of conventions. How could I be? Half the time I have no fcvking clue what's going on. Or what everyone's talking about.

Well, the chances of you getting fired are near zero. Getting laid off is more of a possibility, but you'd have heard rumors of that kind of thing by now. Getting reassigned or just having a review is by far more likely.

I'm really nervous right now but also really... tingly at the existence of some chance that I might get to touch him soon. I've SO been looking forward to it, all the fantasizing is getting painful.

This is the silver lining on your dark little cloud.

• Author
Well, the chances of you getting fired are near zero. Getting laid off is more of a possibility, but you'd have heard rumors of that kind of thing by now. Getting reassigned or just having a review is by far more likely.

This is the silver lining on your dark little cloud.

If it was just a review... wouldn't he have mentioned that somewhere in the email? Like, in the subject?

I'm concerned that this is so... vague. But, I've had a few vague meetings before, and they were always full of preemptive good-news.

• Author

I have so many fantasies of what I want to do to him. And with him.

Like watching scary movies on his couch while we cuddle. He is spooning me and touching my stomach. I'm delirious with the strength of his arms and the touch of his skin and his breath and his body heat.

IF I am getting trasnferred and IF he's actually interested in me, I am going to take this REALLY slowly.

You're probably going to get a raise or a promotion. Think good thoughts.

While I agree that going in with good thoughts is always a good thing to do. Building up your own expectations can be its own problem. I just suggest going in with an open mind and not getting too worked up until there is something to get worked up about.

I have so many fantasies of what I want to do to him. And with him.

Like watching scary movies on his couch while we cuddle. He is spooning me and touching my stomach. I'm delirious with the strength of his arms and the touch of his skin and his breath and his body heat.

IF I am getting trasnferred and IF he's actually interested in me, I am going to take this REALLY slowly.

Nice fantasy, Spookie. I realized recently that I don't have those anymore. Fantasies like this are good for you.

• Author
While I agree that going in with good thoughts is always a good thing to do. Building up your own expectations can be its own problem. I just suggest going in with an open mind and not getting too worked up until there is something to get worked up about.

It's complicated how I know why, but I am NOT getting a raise or promotion. Getting fired is a much more likely scenario, mostly because, in my capacity right now (basically a contract worker until Jan) it would be easy to fire me.

However, my division isn't having financial problems, so unless I really fcvked something up, I don't know why they would want to fire me. I add much-needed gender diversity to the company, IMO. Plus I have a permanent job-offer outstanding... I'm pretty sure those are legally-binding contracts.

• Author
Nice fantasy, Spookie. I realized recently that I don't have those anymore. Fantasies like this are good for you.

=(.

You just need to focus on someone specific and let yourself fall in love with them.

Meet 4 Coffee

Your offer is only legally binding if you don't get a bad review, probably.

It is probably a reprimand of some sort. If so, just do what they tell you.

Has this guy given you any reason to think he was firing you?

It's complicated how I know why, but I am NOT getting a raise or promotion. Getting fired is a much more likely scenario, mostly because, in my capacity right now (basically a contract worker until Jan) it would be easy to fire me.

However, my division isn't having financial problems, so unless I really fcvked something up, I don't know why they would want to fire me. I add much-needed gender diversity to the company, IMO. Plus I have a permanent job-offer outstanding... I'm pretty sure those are legally-binding contracts.

• Author

No. He spent all of Friday with me going over my work. It felt like it was going really well.

• Author

No. In fact we spent all of Friday going over my work, and it felt to me like it was going really well.

Meet 4 Coffee

If you had good vibes on Friday and felt like it was going well, then I don't think you should worry. Maybe he just wants to continue more of what you were discussing on Friday because he feels he needed to talk more about it.

Something similar happened to me about a month ago. My boss said "I need to talk to you right away Monday morning." It turned out to be nothing! My whole weekend was ruined thinking about it. (I'm a teacher and I thought a parent had called upset, or something else I was being reprimanded for. It was just regarding changing some students' schedules because of their electives!!! Seriously I was in my pj's all day Saturday and Sunday I finally got out of the house from stressing about what he wanted to talk about.)

I'll bet in your case it is something similar!

They can't fire you for laughing too much, though they can give you a verbal or written warning, possibly putting you on probation.

Try not to worry too much!

• Author

I'm REALLY REALLY hoping he's felt the vibes I've been sending out and has decided to try to get me trasnfered now, while it's still easy, rather than when I become a full-time employee, possibly fated to stay in his department for life. I'm really, really hoping.

Then I can date him and my life will be complete.