A Couple of Quick Questions :S

When you and your SO are in a heated argument, and your SO is just pressing all of your buttons and working your nerves to the core...how do you handle the situation? Do you blow up and serve up their own dish? Or do you keep it cool and remain calm? What if you and your SO were together and your SO made you so angry that you didn't want to be with them, so you drive them to their house, but they won't get out of the car when you ask politely? What would you do?

Another question:

If your SO received alot of perverted attention from the opposite sex, and repeatedly told you about it, as if it bothered them but never really took it into their own hands to handle the problem, say someone hitting on them, what would you think? Would you think your SO enjoys the attention and fronts like it bothers them for your own comfort? Or do they just not care enough to do something about it?

PrincessPeach

I try to keep cool and remain calm. If that fails, I try to leave or avoid the arguement until we can both cool down and talk about it with better minds.

If it came to dropping him off and he wouldn't get out of the car once at his place, then I'd get out myself and take a walk somewhere (depending on where he lives I might not do this) asking him to lock my car on his way out. But it depends on a lot of things in this situation. How far away do I live from him? If it's close and he doesn't want to get out I'll just go home and he can walk home when he feels like it. Do I have any friends that live near him? Does he have roommates I might know well enough to see? When I leave my car I'll go visit them. Maybe I'll get a ride home from someone else and come get my car the next day.

But if he isn't getting out of the car then he is in too stubborn a mindset to even consider debating or arguing about anything and it won't get anywhere like that.

If he receieves a lot of attention from the opposite sex and complains about it while doing nothing. He might like it or he might not, but either way, him bringing it up at all strikes me as him being manipulative of my feelings. If he shares it at all I think that's very inconsiderate of him, and I'd probably let him know early on that it how I feel about it. If he doesn't learn to take that into consideration early on... I probably won't care to continue seeing him.

• Author
I try to keep cool and remain calm. If that fails, I try to leave or avoid the arguement until we can both cool down and talk about it with better minds.

If it came to dropping him off and he wouldn't get out of the car once at his place, then I'd get out myself and take a walk somewhere (depending on where he lives I might not do this) asking him to lock my car on his way out. But it depends on a lot of things in this situation. How far away do I live from him? If it's close and he doesn't want to get out I'll just go home and he can walk home when he feels like it. Do I have any friends that live near him? Does he have roommates I might know well enough to see? When I leave my car I'll go visit them. Maybe I'll get a ride home from someone else and come get my car the next day.

But if he isn't getting out of the car then he is in too stubborn a mindset to even consider debating or arguing about anything and it won't get anywhere like that.

If he receieves a lot of attention from the opposite sex and complains about it while doing nothing. He might like it or he might not, but either way, him bringing it up at all strikes me as him being manipulative of my feelings. If he shares it at all I think that's very inconsiderate of him, and I'd probably let him know early on that it how I feel about it. If he doesn't learn to take that into consideration early on... I probably won't care to continue seeing him.

Would you say you reacting negatively to all the attention he's been telling you about lets him know that you're easy manipulated giving him an upper hand in controlling the relationship?

PrincessPeach
Would you say you reacting negatively to all the attention he's been telling you about lets him know that you're easy manipulated giving him an upper hand in controlling the relationship?

If he's smart, yes; though even intellegent guys don't always realize things like this. But I'd say it's likely that a reaction like that could lead him to potentially thinking that.

Though I think it isn't as much about control as it is about respect. He should try to respect your wishes and either work to not talk about it or to keep it from happening or both.

Don't put up with his manipulation. It kind of a lousy thing to think or say... but make him afraid that he could lose you! Or at least think that he could potentially lose you or else he won't respect you as much and will treat you in ways that help him feel like he can keep the power.

When you and your SO are in a heated argument, and your SO is just pressing all of your buttons and working your nerves to the core...how do you handle the situation?

Get out.. go somewhere else...

Do you blow up and serve up their own dish?

No.. never blow up... ever.. get out... go for a walk or a drive.

Or do you keep it cool and remain calm? What if you and your SO were together and your SO made you so angry that you didn't want to be with them, so you drive them to their house, but they won't get out of the car when you ask politely? What would you do?

I think that your spouse if very immature.. she needs to grow up. :rolleyes:

Another question:

If your SO received alot of perverted attention from the opposite sex, and repeatedly told you about it, as if it bothered them but never really took it into their own hands to handle the problem, say someone hitting on them, what would you think?

Again I'd say she's very very immature.. she enjoys pushing your buttons.. who knows.. maybe she wants you to go crazy and hit her so she can call the cops.. be careful.

Would you think your SO enjoys the attention and fronts like it bothers them for your own comfort? Or do they just not care enough to do something about it?

Methink she likes the attention and she likes to bother you with this.. totally ignore her.. I know it's easier said than done.. but try it.. you got nothing to lose.. if she's doing it to p*ss you off... and you ignore her.. she will be p*ssed off and will eventually stop.

PrincessPeach
Would you think your SO enjoys the attention and fronts like it bothers them for your own comfort? Or do they just not care enough to do something about it?

Methink she likes the attention and she likes to bother you with this.. totally ignore her.. I know it's easier said than done.. but try it.. you got nothing to lose.. if she's doing it to p*ss you off... and you ignore her.. she will be p*ssed off and will eventually stop.

I agree with this!