i've lost my love

i have ruined the best thing that ever happened to me. i just came out a couple of months ago and it has been like a whirlwind ever since. my friend told me that she is in love with me. and i am with her. things just kept going faster and faster. we are both in recovery and decided we needed to slow things down. so we did. this week were chatting online and she asked me if i ever thought i would be with a man again. i told her i didn't know. i said that is not what i want. but she doesn't believe we can continue our relationship as lovers. she said we can only be friends now because she is so afraid of getting hurt again. she told me her relationship days are over. i do not accept that. i know how much she loves me she has not denied that but how can i reassure her that she is the one i want? i tell her all the time that all i want is to be with her. i mean we talked about being married someday. i love her more than anything else in my life and to lose her would be devastating. actually it already is. can anyone help me out? what can i do?:lmao:

So are you a guy.. who just came out as gay but is in love with a girl?.. because if this is true it is much more common that u think.. im in a similar situation myself would be good to hear from you and understand whats going on?? ...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in this situation a couple times before.

When I first came out, it was the same situation as you..my best friend and I confessed we were in love with each other and everything happened so fast. She was worried for a while that I would change my mind and decide I want to be with a man because guys were interested in me a lot, so we had a rough patch there for a while but I stuck with her, I proved to her I wasn't going anywhere and I only had eyes for her. Eventually, she started to believe me and things were smooth sailing from there. We had an intense intense love, were together for 3 years until it came to an end. And she was the one who left me, if she hadn't, I guarantee I would still be with her til this very day. So my advice to you (if you haven't worked it out on your own already), is just stick with it, show her how much you love her, it may not be easy at first but give it time. If you really love this girl, she will see it, and the worries will be long gone.

Hope it all works out!