Still be her friend?

Here's my situation:

I started haning out with this girl a few months ago. We hung out alot. We went to movies, swimming, and other things. A few months into the friendship, I started having feeling for her and decided to see how she felt about me. I asked her out and she said yes. She even said that she had feelings for me for a month but was waiting for me to make a move.

I was overjoyed as I knew I was falling for her. But a few days later, she told me that she had a boyfirnd, who was unknown to me, and she was still working things out wiht him.

I was crushed and my heart was broken as I knew I was falling in love with her.

She got back with her boyfriend but she says that she loves me as a friend and doesn't want me to leave her life. I don't know what to do as I'm crushed by her but don't really want to leave her altogether.

Dude, I'd say, keep your distance a little. Don't totally ditch her all together, but don't make yourself completely available to her. Do you own thing, get on with your own life. She has a man. Period. Whether or not she stays with him or leaves him soon, She has a man. Even if she did break it off with him, does that mean she goes directly into your arms without hesistation or time to heal from the past relationship? Just sounds like a difficult situation.

I'd say, just do your thing. You have to limit the things you do with her, if anything at all. It's cool for girls to have friends that are guys, but having friends that are guys that like them which they like back as well, that's not good. You don't wanna cause or get into any problems with the boyfriend. Just open up and tell her how you feel about her and then move on and give her space. That's all you can do.

Her asking you not to leave her life is like saying "If this thing doesn't work out with my boyfriend, I'll consider you again"....which sucks. You're pretty much on the back burner if things don't work out with her boyfriend. Screw that man!

Here's kinda of an update:

Yesterday I told her that I was thinking of moving on after what happened with us. She started to cry and started saying how her best girl friend was being a jerk about something, she got into a fight with her b/f (which I didn't know) and now this. So I caved as it killed me seeing her cry.