Taking the leap, hoping for the best.

I dated this woman about 8 years ago, and have known her for around 15 years, we met in high school. We had lost contact for a number of years, and we lived in different cities, as well. I have always liked her very much, and a romantic rekindling has never lost my thoughts.

Since I moved back to town a year and a half ago, we have reconnected and are having the best time hanging out. She had always been what I call a "serial dater", never going more than a few weeks between boyfriends. I got some weird comments from her whenever she gets a new boyfriend, and I think I may have read them the wrong way. The last boyfriend she had was a childhood friend of mine, and I was ok with her dating him, though I honestly want to get back together with her, our friendship is more important to me. When she started dating my old friend, we were all three going to a baseball game together, she very awkwardly informed me that the two of them were dating, and she didn't want it to be weird for me. She has to be stupid (she is not) if she doesn't know how much I care for her, so I thought the comment was weird.

I have always had a hangup about her hangup, that is, being a serial dater, and we are close enough that when we are talking after she had broken off the last relationship she was in, I told her how I saw her. She responded very well, and took my advice to heart. She has been single for about 5 months now, and we have been hanging out more frequently, and having a great time. I'm not sure if this is a problem, or what, but I really like what I see from her a lot more these days, now that she has finally faced herself, and is spending time for herself. I have to admit, before, I didn't think I really could be with her romantically, because she hadn't ever been single, and peices seemed to be missing from her personality. Now, I see her as the perfect woman for me, she is happy with herself, confident, and free! I want to let myself fall in love with her.

I have thought about it, and I think the best approach is to hang out with her more frequently, and really show her that I am a confident adult now, and that I truly care about her. I think she may have had issues before she took this break from dating, because she is gorgeous, and I think most of her dates just looked at her appearance. So far, I have stood by her as a true friend, and watched her wreck herself through bad relationship after another.

So I already love her truly, but as a friend, and I have noticed her looking at me differently, but until the other night, after a party I threw on New Year's Day (hangover relief party!) which she attended, some, actually 5 of my best friends, all women called me up during a girl's night and had an "intervention" of sorts for me. They were talking about me, and decided that I have been single for too long, and they all pointed out the woman I am friends with as the girl for me. They noticed her looking at me during the party, and they pointed out that she was there for 6 hours around all kinds of people she didn't know. She literally knew me, and 3 other people, but she knew those people vaguely.

So there it is, I have decided to woo her, any advice I may be not thinking about? Thanks for your help, and/or best wishes!