I'm shy and I sorta feel like shes outta my league: How do I approach Her?

shyguy26

Ok, heres the deal, theres this gorgeous girl i like, weve known each other for like 2-3 weeks now, I really want to hook up with her, but I am pretty shy, I can talk to her, and any other girl in normal conversation, and whenever we see each other we greet each other and converse some, but when Im around her even thinking about asking her out gives me butterflies :( The main thing Is I guess i sorta feel like shes outta my leauge, shes so beautiful and shes a cheerleader and all, and im like a big ogre, lol im 6'6 and i look like a monster or something, im huge and Im an offensive lineman...that says it all, I just dont know how I should approach her, like i dunno what to say as far as asking her out, i mean i know WHAT to say but not how, I get the feeling shes interested in me as well but for some reason I just havent been able to ask her out, someone please help, I want to make my move before she thinks Im not interested

Originally posted by shyguy26

I get the feeling shes interested in me as well

Well then just go up to her and ask her out!! You never know until you try. The worst that could happen is she would say no, but I am willing to bet that she would at least go out with you once. Hey - she's a cheerleader, you're a football player...you've got that going for you at least. Trust me, I was a cheerleader in high school, and I would have rather gone out with a football player anyday than a regular ole guy.

Just give it a shot..you have nothing to lose.

• Author

Thats what Ive tried to tell myself(she can only say no) but for some reason anytime I try to hook up with a girl I really like I find it harder to do, I mean like if I go to a club its wayyy easier to do, lol and im just not sure how I should ask her out, I dunno if I should transition normal conversation into askin her out or if I should just go on up to her and go for the gusto, lol I feel like a loser now cause Ive been tryin to ask her out for over a week now and still havent done it :(