Insight

Need help. I have been friends with a man for two yrs. We have acknowledged attraction for each other. We had a night of passionate almost sex. How do I know if he truly likes me or is it just lust. I know should be able to tell but I am confused.

It feels like there is a "back story" -- are either of you dating others, engaged, married?

If he is married or in a long-term, committed relationship, then you can save yourself a lot of heartache if you give him a pass. (Maybe read some of the posts in 'The Other Man/Woman' forum.)

If you are both single, it probably would be best to have a conversation with him about his thoughts and plans for future dating, getting serious, etc.

It's really quite impossible to say whether or not it is "just lust". Except if he is married...then it won't hurt to assume that lust is all it is.

"I would like to have a relationship with you and see where this goes. How do you feel?"

If it's anything other than a yes, he's not interested in dating you.

• 2 weeks later...
"I would like to have a relationship with you and see where this goes. How do you feel?"

If it's anything other than a yes, he's not interested in dating you.

im going to second that. too much hesitation/ indirect answer is defiantly a sign its not worth pursuing.