What should I do??

Mandie

Well let's see where to begin?? This past summer I met a really great guy. We dated through out the summer and I fell madly in love with him. He told me he felt the same way. We spent the summer being together and having the time of our lives. When we weren't together we were on the phone. We were so much in love that we were talking about one of us moving so we could be together. That didn't work out.

The problem was that he was going to be leaving at the end of Aug. That time came around and he asked me to wait for him. I wasn't sure though I mean he was going to be gone for 9 months, but then he said that if I loved him the way I said I did I would wait. So I told him I would. He left and we've been keeping in touch but it's not the same.

Now the real problem. I met another guy about a month ago who I get along with great. We've been spending time together and I really like him. I've been true to my word so far but it's getting harder. I really like this new guy and don't know what to do. He knows about my boyfriend and isn't pressuring me into anything.

I remember a saying my mom used to tell me in spanish " amor de lejos, amor de pendejos" Which means that a distant love is a foolish one. Am I being a fool in waiting for my boyfriend?? I don't know what's he's doing over there. Or am I being a fool by letting the guy I have here get away??

• 2 weeks later...

You've seen Saturday Night Fever??

Life ain't like the movies. Life is for living now.

Go out with the new guy, tell the guy who's away what's going one. Who knows, maybe he'll give you a commitment. If not, what the hell, you've got a new guy

Well let's see where to begin?? This past summer I met a really great guy. We dated through out the summer and I fell madly in love with him. He told me he felt the same way. We spent the summer being together and having the time of our lives. When we weren't together we were on the phone. We were so much in love that we were talking about one of us moving so we could be together. That didn't work out.

The problem was that he was going to be leaving at the end of Aug. That time came around and he asked me to wait for him. I wasn't sure though I mean he was going to be gone for 9 months, but then he said that if I loved him the way I said I did I would wait. So I told him I would. He left and we've been keeping in touch but it's not the same. Now the real problem. I met another guy about a month ago who I get along with great. We've been spending time together and I really like him. I've been true to my word so far but it's getting harder. I really like this new guy and don't know what to do. He knows about my boyfriend and isn't pressuring me into anything. I remember a saying my mom used to tell me in spanish " amor de lejos, amor de pendejos" Which means that a distant love is a foolish one. Am I being a fool in waiting for my boyfriend?? I don't know what's he's doing over there. Or am I being a fool by letting the guy I have here get away??