How to tolerate society?

The best way I know how is to make my little corner of the world as good as it can be; for myself and my loved ones.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but OP, aren't you the gal who is pretty brazen about cheating on her boyfriends? Wouldn't that be making society suckier for those guys?

Not trying to bash or anything, really, but since the issue is how do we deal with such a lousy society, I think the best place to start making things better is on the homefront; with friends, family, and loved ones. If you want to branch out further, that's even better.

Why has any right to change society?

I think who hate Western values should piss off and live in Iran. leave us be, and accept people don't live to your moral standards.....

I think who hate Western values should piss off and live in Iran. leave us be, and accept people don't live to your moral standards.....

There's the pot calling the kettle black.

make sure you buy a one-way ticket.....:p;)

That's ok, no need to apologise, it happens. You're living proof! :cool:

i wasn't apologising. I wanted to know what you meant by your statement.

• Author
Nikki Sahagin

It's not about hating WESTERN values. I'm trying to say ALL societies, all cultures have their flaws and some of them it seems you can't do much to change. These can be trivial or huge things. I'm simply asking what things in society do people find hard to cope with....and how DO you cope? I.e. in the UK - the long working hours, commuting etc, things you seemingly can't change.

Well excuse me if by your standards I sound self-absorbed. And why didn't you say 'get some perspective' and 'focus on the positive then' instead of lighten up...which basically doesn't help solve anything.

And uh...don't take your little attitude problem out on me about 'wallowing in my misery' when I clearly asked people HOW they tolerate things within society that distress/upset/irritate them.

well i assess how big an impact it has on my life and my own wellbeing.

I think I'm a tolerant person by and large, so if a person has a "weird" belief or behavior, i don't really care, as long as it isn't hurting anybody.

:lmao: :lmao: Values! As if!!! :lmao: :lmao:

I don't understand

Sorry - couldn't resist that :laugh:

It's just his way of trying to get you to spell out something that MIGHT get you infracted. :laugh:

I don't see what the problem with me being " contradictory" is. Human beings are dual, and life isn't always black and white.

I read that you are 19 years old and I stopped reading. Here is what I think. You have no right to complain because you can still change everything in your life unlike some older people who can't.

My advice.

Make lots of money. Become a lawyer. Become a hairdresser but do SOMETHING.

Who cares so long as you make lots of money. The system works great. You get to exploit those below you. You get to treat them badly. The system is wonderful. Learn to use it now... and stop complaining, start doing.

Your tedious whining and lack of action are exactly the things that will lead you to a 7 day a week minimum wage job. Get something that will allow you to live the part time lifestyle you desire. Have a plan.

Health care ? Teaching ? There are many other ways a young woman can make enough money to live a carefree lifestyle.

• Author
Nikki Sahagin
I read that you are 19 years old and I stopped reading. Here is what I think. You have no right to complain because you can still change everything in your life unlike some older people who can't.

My advice.

Make lots of money. Become a lawyer. Become a hairdresser but do SOMETHING.

Who cares so long as you make lots of money. The system works great. You get to exploit those below you. You get to treat them badly. The system is wonderful. Learn to use it now... and stop complaining, start doing.

Your tedious whining and lack of action are exactly the things that will lead you to a 7 day a week minimum wage job. Get something that will allow you to live the part time lifestyle you desire. Have a plan.

Health care ? Teaching ? There are many other ways a young woman can make enough money to live a carefree lifestyle.

haha I hope this was sarcastic or ironic! Money is not the be all and end all of existance. Actually I think money causes more problems than it solves. Some of my friends are so obsessed with making money, they have no life to actually spend it. People work so much they become disconnected from people, from their wives, their kids because they are so focused on money, money, money. I have big dreams for my future. I want to be either a journalist, author, something to do with writing in some manner. But is that for money? No. It's for fulfillment and happiness :) Money is just a demon. We all need it. But when your life becomes money you will lose the truly important things along the way.