'Not ready for a relationship' - GUYS

d0ll

So the guy I like says he's not ready for a relationship that his main focus right now is school & relationships are too much drama he can't deal with right now, do you think that's just an excuse & a nice way of saying he doesn't like me?

Yes it is.. a nice way to say is just not that into you.

I met a guy last week.. and I'm not crazy about him.. so I said I want to take it slow and I'm not ready for commitment.. ;)

• Author
Yes it is.. a nice way to say is just not that into you.

I met a guy last week.. and I'm not crazy about him.. so I said I want to take it slow and I'm not ready for commitment.. ;)

I probably should have metioned that I asked if he was single not mentioned that I liked him

I probably should have metioned that I asked if he was single not mentioned that I liked him

Doesn't matter.. if he was really into you.. he would not say that.. he would find some time.. trust me.

• Author
Doesn't matter.. if he was really into you.. he would not say that.. he would find some time.. trust me.

that's what I thought, thanks ;)

So the guy I like says he's not ready for a relationship that his main focus right now is school & relationships are too much drama he can't deal with right now, do you think that's just an excuse & a nice way of saying he doesn't like me?

men usually mean what they say...unlike women

• Author

so that means he's not ready or just not interested? lol

& I always say what I mean i'm very straight-foward

I don't think so.. men, even more than women, will say stuff like that to get only a F buddy.

• Author
I don't think so.. men, even more than women, will say stuff like that to get only a F buddy.

yeah I thought men were the ones that liked to sugar coat things

OP, if you see him out with another lady, I guess you'll have your answer ;)

Look at it this way - if he was interested in you, he'd ask you out on a date. That's not time-consuming nor dramatic. It's eating. We all eat.

IMO, he's just not relationship material. I wouldn't even ponder whether he likes you or not. It's irrelevant :)

• Author
This sounds like something I'd say to a girl I wanted to keep as a F buddy and still see other women.

we haven't been intimate at all so why would he even bother?

• Author
either he is being polite

or he is not that into you

how many times you guys been out together?

we've seen eachother only 4 times & none of them were really dates

so that means he's not ready or just not interested? lol

either one, the outcome is the same

& I always say what I mean i'm very straight-foward

i'm sure you are

• Author
Doll... don't waste your time.. move on.. if he sees that you are ignoring him.. he will come back.. ;)

well I never really initiate talking to him first anyway cause I prefer guys to come after me lol

well I never really initiate talking to him first anyway cause I prefer guys to come after me lol

Well then.. trust me.. just ignore the guy and he will be intrigued if he's interested.. if not.. well.. you won't waste your time. ;)

He doesn't like you. That is what it means.

we've seen eachother only 4 times & none of them were really dates

if he said he is not ready for a relationship when you told him that you like him, then it means he is not into you

but if he said that when you asked him about his status, then he could be saying that to justify himself being single

just another possibility

• Author
if he said he is not ready for a relationship when you told him that you like him, then it means he is not into you

but if he said that when you asked him about his status, then he could be saying that to justify himself being single

just another possibility

yeah I have never told him I liked him (even though i'm sure it's kinda obvious) & he says he doesn't mind being single so idk

we haven't been intimate at all so why would he even bother?

I have told women that my main focus is this or that and that I'm not looking for a relationship now for various reasons other than not being interested.

For example, I can take a girl out on a date with no intentions of sleeping with her, but if the conversation gets steered somehow into 'serious relationship' talk, I give them the same line; I'm just taking it slow right now, or just having fun. It isn't because I'm looking for a **** buddy or I don't think she isn't interesting or attractive, it's because rightly so, I steer away from anything that might get me back into exclusivity too fast. Especially if I got out of a relationship not too long ago.

People throw around the 'f-buddy' term like guys are out there effectively deceiving women left and right into sleeping with them. That's horse****. Generally guys aren't that great at pulling that stuff off without a woman knowing their intentions. Point is, if you get into a 'f-buddy' situation, you knew well as a woman what you were getting into.

Furthermore, f-buddies CAN and do develop something more serious. If you don't want to take the f-buddy route, thats your choice and it's just a respectable as those who do.

Lastly, just because he says "I'm not looking for a relationship" doesn't mean you cannot get him into one. TRUST ME, not a woman. He says that because he doesn't really know who the hell you are as relationship potential. It's possible that if you are his type of girl, he would start something with you. Maybe you arent his type. This doesn't mean he isnt "relationship material".

And shame on the guys who side with the women on this one. Give this man a break!

• Author
I have told women that my main focus is this or that and that I'm not looking for a relationship now for various reasons other than not being interested.

For example, I can take a girl out on a date with no intentions of sleeping with her, but if the conversation gets steered somehow into 'serious relationship' talk, I give them the same line; I'm just taking it slow right now, or just having fun. It isn't because I'm looking for a **** buddy or I don't think she isn't interesting or attractive, it's because rightly so, I steer away from anything that might get me back into exclusivity too fast. Especially if I got out of a relationship not too long ago.

People throw around the 'f-buddy' term like guys are out there effectively deceiving women left and right into sleeping with them. That's horse****. Generally guys aren't that great at pulling that stuff off without a woman knowing their intentions. Point is, if you get into a 'f-buddy' situation, you knew well as a woman what you were getting into.

Furthermore, f-buddies CAN and do develop something more serious. If you don't want to take the f-buddy route, thats your choice and it's just a respectable as those who do.

Lastly, just because he says "I'm not looking for a relationship" doesn't mean you cannot get him into one. TRUST ME, not a woman. He says that because he doesn't really know who the hell you are as relationship potential. It's possible that if you are his type of girl, he would start something with you. Maybe you arent his type. This doesn't mean he isnt "relationship material".

And shame on the guys who side with the women on this one. Give this man a break!

I agree we hardly know eachother, we just met in December.

Dude, he said, and I quote, "<I'm> not ready for a relationship, that <my> main focus right now is school & relationships are too much drama <I> can't deal with right now".

Relationships are too much drama. Clear and concise. When a man speaks negative words, and it doesn't get much more negative than this, believe him :)