Sobriety

My parents were both alcoholics and my ex-wife is a drug addict. But, somehow this month I am celebrating 25 years of sobriety...My message for all those struggling with addictions is to hang in there and truly focus on one day at a time.

I am celebrating 25 years of sobriety...My message for all those struggling with addictions is to hang in there and truly focus on one day at a time.

Congrats on 25 years of sober living.. that's super Gopher.:) One day at a time is the key.

Mea:)

somehow this month I am celebrating 25 years of sobriety...My message for all those struggling with addictions is to hang in there and truly focus on one day at a time.

Great for you and the people in your life.

25 years is a lifetime and in your case a lifetime of sobriety lived one day at a time and something that you should feel real good about :)

• Author

Thanks all...after reading some of the other threads about addiction, I wanted to post a positive story and one that provided some hope for people struggling or the people who love them. I've really been blessed the past 25 years to have a higher quality of life than my parents and ex wife had.