dont know if im being a bad person, iw ould say yes

I am in need of help here i am feeling very superficial and i need to know if this is wrong of me, in anyones opinion, or if anyone can understand. i bet this sounds awful.

i have been dating a wonderful guy for a little over a couple months and he has been nothing but an angel to me. i am in my very early 20's and i am looking for someone with the same drive and brains as me, if not more.

well this guy seems really dumb at times. some of the comments he makes i wonder what hes thinking (he is trying to be funny but it just comes out like hes got no brain). his gpa is very poor and hes a senior at a very good college. the thing i guess i have a problem with, is his grades and his future. he doesnt seem to haev the "oomph" to be the kind that will make it well in his life. with his gpa, i know he will have a hard time getting a job and he wont be able to get into grad school, which he wants.

so the question is, is it bad of me to question me being with this guy because his future stability seems to be unstable? i know i cant judge his future life off of his grades and his habits, but sometimes i think he will be great at whatever he does and other times i just think he has no idea what is out there.

If you feel this unsure about it, then dont stay with him. If you think eh wont be able to make a good future for both you and him, then dont. its not superficial, youre looking out for your own well being. Love, unfortunalty, is not everything. Best of luck to you.

i dont think you're being a bad person at all! if you'd like to be with somebody who has more ambitions than this guy, then u'll never be happy with this guy, so why not move on? Considering the difference in mind-sets, you're simply not going to respect him down the road. It's good that you're anticipating such troubles!

good luck,

-yes

thank you for your response. i have no idea what i am going to do. we have a wonderful relationship and atleast hes in college and wants to graduate, etc. gosh, i think this is his only flaw so far- his 2.4 gpa....argh!

but i was reading in someone else;'s thread that there is hope for someone with 2.5 gpa and below!

i just wish he had the "im going to bust my ass , do or die" attitude.