About a girl I love with a guy friend who lives long distance.

DayvanCowboy

I have been in connection with a girl for almost two months now. She knows I want to be with her, and me and her have shared so much intimacy online.

This weekend she will be going to New York to spend a Saturday with her guy friend. She is also spending the entire day there. Its also Valentine's day.

I am so stressed out because she said there is nothing between them at all. She told me a few days ago that she would just be in Manhattan and just meet him once but now she is going to spend the day in his city of Brooklyn and I don't know yet if she is going to go to a hotel or spend the night at his place. I think there is a good chance she will be spending the night at his place. I think they have a thing going on and she is not telling me. She says that she is not using me though.

As you can understand, any guy who really loves a girl would be worried and I have signed up to get as many opinions and insights as I can here.

For two months I have never met her in real life and I only live an hour away. She is someone who is really depressed and says it takes a while for her to warm up to someone, but I just don't know anymore.

I really don't know what section this should be posted in.

While I respect this relationship, I just want to point out that relationships met online without any contact in reality is very unhealthy. One being the reason that you could lie or be lied to as easy as breathing, and the person that is being portrayed online may not be anywhere close to their personality.

To be honest, I think you should plan a one-on-one meeting in real life. To break the barrier of just being net-couples. Other than that, you really have no choice but to trust her when there is no foundation of trust at all.

Please don't be upset when you read this but unless you plan to meet her in real life soon and actually take the next step in the relationship, you shouldn't be with her, even online, at all. It's unhealthy and you will wear yourself out for any next relationship you may have. She may be telling the truth, she may not. That is why the Internet is such a temperamental thing to get into when it comes to relationships.

In regards to the problem on Valentines Day, you really have no choice but to trust her or to ask her to meet up with you or something. See why Internet relationships are dangerous, though? You can lie and lie easily and no one will know but the liar. Certain people will be an introvert, antisocial person in real life but in the Internet, they can become the most arrogant extrovert people ever.

I hope this helped, and I hope you don't take this too badly if you ARE in love with her. But you can't be infatuated with something that hasn't even really happened. Best of luck, and I hope this works out for your sake, and if it doesn't I hope you are able to move on without too much distress.