I am losing my identity & need time..

glitter

Please help me with some advice, I have been having a very significant/full on relationship with a guy and he has almost been living with me...we do everything together etc.

We recently went away for easter holidays together and u day after returning he has suddenly switched off emotionally and physically and says he needs some time to decide if he in fact 'wants' to be in such a full on permanent relationship. I agree that is has been getting a bit much and he needs to spend more time alone and with his friends etc etc (I haven't stopped doing that myself).. and i am quite happy to give him that space. I am stressing & feeling ill that he for some reason unbeknown to me he will conclude it's over... what can/do I do??? I am so upset and miss him (even though it's been 2 days) help:)

Please help me with some advice, I have been having a very significant/full on relationship with a guy and he has almost been living with me...we do everything together etc. We recently went away for easter holidays together and u day after returning he has suddenly switched off emotionally and physically and says he needs some time to decide if he in fact 'wants' to be in such a full on permanent relationship. I agree that is has been getting a bit much and he needs to spend more time alone and with his friends etc etc (I haven't stopped doing that myself).. and i am quite happy to give him that space. I am stressing & feeling ill that he for some reason unbeknown to me he will conclude it's over... what can/do I do??? He has been the one that has always wanted to be with me constantly so it isn't as if I have smothered him - I am so desperately hurt/upset and miss him (even though it's been 2 days) help:)

I'm afraid I'm not sure that there is much that you can do. If he wants space, then you will have to give it to him, to let him decide what he wants. Trying to force him into making a decision is only likely to backfire.

The relationship may have been going very well, but unfortunately that doesn't mean that people's feelings don't change.

I found your most telling comment in your title. If you are losing your identity, then maybe you need some space too, to decide if this is really that healthy the way it currently is.

I hope it works out, I know how agonising it can be, having to wait.

good luck

OrlandoTommy

Dont feel bad, when I came back from Easter my girlfriend of 2 years told me she had been having sex with another girl and she was leaving me to move in with her.

Please help me with some advice, I have been having a very significant/full on relationship with a guy and he has almost been living with me...we do everything together etc. We recently went away for easter holidays together and u day after returning he has suddenly switched off emotionally and physically and says he needs some time to decide if he in fact 'wants' to be in such a full on permanent relationship. I agree that is has been getting a bit much and he needs to spend more time alone and with his friends etc etc (I haven't stopped doing that myself).. and i am quite happy to give him that space. I am stressing & feeling ill that he for some reason unbeknown to me he will conclude it's over... what can/do I do??? I am so upset and miss him (even though it's been 2 days) help:)