Friends as of now...

There's this girl I like. We've gotten quite close in the past few weeks but last week she kinda dodged me and acting weird. I asked how her she was acted the way she did and she said one of her friends, who hates me, said there was a rumor around that we were becoming too close. Does that mean the girl I like doesn't like me, so that's why she's afraid of the rumor spreading or does it mean she's just afraid of people talking about us? But this week, we are starting to warm up a bit better but I still sense a distance...

What should I think...

Why don't you ask her if she'd like to date you?

She can only say yes ok, or no thanks.....

Then, you'll know for sure what to think.

Why don't you ask her if she'd like to date you?

She can only say yes ok, or no thanks.....

Then, you'll know for sure what to think.

Yes, that's probably the best way of all to find out what you want to know. I'm just wondering why is it a big deal if people know you are getting closer? And why does she care what other people think, anyhow? Why does she have friends that "hate you"? Do they have any reason to think you are not a type of person she should be hanging around? I'd think about if someone is worth it when they base their feelings on what their friends say, though. If she decided to go out with you then she might be in some kind of position with her friends too, and that sounds like too much drama to me; but I guess it depends on why they supposedly hate you.

• Author

As for her friend that hates me, I used to be her friend as well. But one time, we had some group work and she was really pissed off at me over something really small and that ended our friendship.

As for her friend that hates me, I used to be her friend as well. But one time, we had some group work and she was really pissed off at me over something really small and that ended our friendship.

Well I guess it obviously wasn't a small thing to her...but still doesn't sound like anything big enough for the girl you like to blow you off over. Hopefully she can use her own judgement but don't push her too much. Maybe just ask if she wants to go out for a bite to eat one day or something and go from there.