What's the best way to bring up "us"?

• Author
Good sign you got an e-mail -- but how is it that you were teasing him and this is the first response you got...

I am not understanding that. :confused:

Good sign he sent an e-mail.

As far as thinking of you - well did his e-mail come out of the blue? Again I am confused as to how this happened.

Sorry, not sure if I had said this before or not, but after that heavy flirting at Christmas, I continued to keep in touch through email and a phone call every now and then - got nothing for two months straight. He finally responded back after I teased him about the weather (trying everything at that point to break him out of his sudden silence). He thanked me for keeping in touch, ended it with "I've had a rough term" and asked if I was giong to be home for Easter. I told him yes and he responded, saying it was "good news", to let him know when I'd be home and practically told me when he'd be off for break.

That was the last time I'd heard from him even though I continued to send keeping-in-touch emails. So, yeah, this email really surprised me as even though I sent him an email on Friday I didn't think he'd respond. I was pleasantly surprised.

And yeah, I guess I could be too excited and reading his words too much.

Island Girl

yes -- just trying to "slow your roll".

you have been sending e-mails all along and he wasn't responding before so while an out of the blue one is good news, it doesn't mean he is jumping over the moon.

(When you say "he practically told me when he'd be off for break" THAT doesn't sound like he is putting anything out there - sorry)

Just take things as they come and get your clear answer when he sees you.

I am wishing you luck.

And you HAVE to let up know what happens!

• Author

Another quick update -

I'm not quite as excited as I was before; I mean I'm excited, but not goofy like I was before.

Sent the prof his birthday card today - his birthday is Monday.

OMG I am so stupid!!!!!

It was a relatively easy message to write:

"(his name), hope you have a really nice birthday! See you Easter. ~ (my name)"

What do I start to write?

"(his name), hope you have a really nice Easter!"

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

And of course the card is yellow, so white out wouldn't help. So I doodled it off so hopefully he won't read it and wrote "birthday" next to it. Oh well, hopefully he'll get a good laugh out of it.

Ack! I'm hopeless - he has me so flustered :(

13 days to go....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Well, I fly home tomorrow. Planning on seeing him on Thursday to set up our arrangements and to give him his gift (bought it on ebay; just a small school-related gift). (sigh) Gettin' nervous....probably won't get much sleep tonight and tomorrow night as he will be all I'll be thinking about :p

Island Girl
Well, I fly home tomorrow. Planning on seeing him on Thursday to set up our arrangements and to give him his gift (bought it on ebay; just a small school-related gift). (sigh) Gettin' nervous....probably won't get much sleep tonight and tomorrow night as he will be all I'll be thinking about :p

I am sure you are excited! You haven't seen each other in quite a while.

I hope you are also summoning up your courage so you can get this figured out once and for all.

GOOD LUCK.

• Author
I hope you are also summoning up your courage so you can get this figured out once and for all.

Yes, definitely. Been planning on what to say for weeks now :rolleyes: