Getting the courage to make a move on a shy lady

Right, I really don't know how to explain this, but I'll try...

Roughly a year ago I met a girl at my school. We were organising (along with a couple more people) a school project. All members of this project needed to be in touch constantly due to its nature, and throughout this period I started talking to her more and more, pretty much always on msn. In the beginning, we talked almost exclusively about the project, but lately we started having conversations that are more personal. Nothing intimate, we just brag on about our lives, etc.

Another friend of mine also keeps in touch constantly with her, though he isn't interested in her. I'm positive about that.

I started having feelings for her about a month ago, which at first I honestly didn’t recognise… it came quite gradually. Coincidentally, about a week ago a friend asked whether I had feelings for her. I told him that although I feel attracted by her I don't think she likes me. He told me to at least try, as she wouldn't necessarily demonstrate any interest due to our already established friendship.

I really want to do something about it, though I don't know where to start... I'm a very shy person and this is the first time this happens to me... I don't know whether I should explain it to her plainly over e-mail, talk to her about it, invite her out or whatever... She is also quite shy and I notice she doesn't have the habit of approaching people as much as other people…

Suggestions? I don’t think I made it too clear… please ask if you think I didn’t make myself clear.

Thanks in advance.

When you see her in person, ask her to have coffee or something harmless like that. She can't say no so easily in person as she could on msn. Once you go for coffee, snack or lunch a few times with her then you can make your move to bigger and better things.

2SidestoStories

In agreement with Tony, so pardon the repetition.

Asking her to do something with you that is nice and relaxed, like coffee, will allow you to have face to face conversation. You'll be better able to get a sense from her body language and the way the talk goes as to whether you would like to pursue things to a more intimate level than coffee will allow.

Good Luck, and don't get yourself too much in a 'tizzy' over this! :)

• Author

Thanks for the suggestions... I suppose I was being a little hasty... :)

There's a slight problem, though.. she normally goes out with a small group of people... 4 or 5 friends. I'm not sure how exactly I'd go about inviting her out, because it wouldn't be very easy to get an opportunity on our own. Telling her I don't want anyone else to go would be a bit too suspicious. :p

Thanks again for the encouragement. :)