Nothing can last forever no matter how good it is

I just do not like how magic fades over time. You can have something so close to you, and you will never be guaranteed that it will last... because people can change their minds instantaneously. It makes me feel that I cannot enjoy anything now since it can be lost at any time.

A girl I was really close to... with her, my life seemed nearly perfect to me. I have such fond memories of this past summer. We were so close and were so complimentary towards each other; we cared for each other deeply but suddenly she changed her mind. I do not truly know what it was. I feel that I am an open person... but really quite shy and I think this was maybe a disadvantage because she wanted physical attention (I don't touch people often).

Oh how I want those days back! We would hang out and talk at the local park and drive around during the long summer days. Things were so strong and now I think she has grown impatient and moved on. I want her back so much... I want to have what we did over the summer. She is a *very* intelligent woman with morals, and this is what initially attracted me to her. At my age I have become fairly discouraged in the selection of women per se due to the general level of immaturity but she proved me wrong.

Anyways, my point is that I wish something that is great could just stay that way. I am *so* grateful that I had these moments with her, and it would be just... amazing to have them back again, but even if I don't I will still have my memories.

"It makes me feel that I cannot enjoy anything now since it can be lost at any time."

Why? The fact that things change all the time is THE reason to enjoy the moment while it lasts! I can relate though, I also get sentimental and start thinking about days when it'll all be gone & i'll be looking back, enjoying the memories, wishing it didn't change. Egh - human nature I guess.

With this girl though - were you bf/gf? If not, did you ever ask her to be your gf?? How exactly did she change her mind - by breaking up with you or refusing to see you or what?

good luck,

-yes

• Author

Well, we were never bf/gf but we somewhat acted like we were. I think she was waiting for me to ask her to be my girlfriend but I never did. She changed her mind after she left for a 3-day trip to a dare camp... we talked over the phone quite a bit while she was there. Suddenly after she got back she was ill... from that point on she just didn't seem to have the spark anymore.