We were good friends, then fell in love. Might be too late??

My friend and I have known each other for almost 4 years. Over that period I suspected he liked me and I felt I had feelings for him as well. Neither one of us dared speak about it. He told me later he felt I was unattainable.

In the interim he began dating someone, who converted to his faith. We continued our friendship, however this past November we kissed for the first time. We both felt terrible about it; we believed we had our chance and blew it. Now he feels he can't just kick the woman to the curb and risk being reprimanded or worse by his church; he feels guilty.

In the meantime we've stopped seeing each other. I however am still in love with him and he is in love with me. My question is: shall I move on? Did we lose our opportunity? What is more powerful, your faith or love?

Each of us is different. IMO, if both of you had feelings of romantic attraction for each other, you should've talked about it prior to him dating someone else. I hope you'll remember that important lesson. Neither of you is some unattainable person on a pedestal.

I would now have that talk with him, tell him you respect his choice and that you must move on to find your own happiness on your terms. Then, do it. End the friendship. It's lopsided, at best. Perhaps, in the future, when things are more balanced, you can once again be friends.

I wish you well. :)

I'm not sure what faith has to do with it really. I think it's more about the other girl's feelings. I guess it depends on the religion.