Nedd help for my girlfriend's Birthday too, But don't have much $$$$

jamesmadison

Hey, I need some ideas for my girlfriend's birthday too. We've been together a while now and don't have much money right now, not poor, but spent a lot on moving into a new apartment etc. recently. I know thoughtful ideas are better than actual expensive gifts, i wanna make her breakfast in bed or take her out on a picnic but also take her fun somewhere. I already bought her an expensive spa thing for valentines day. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

what is she interested in? find out, then plan a day spending time with her and pursuing that interest. For example, if she's crazy about history, fill your car up with gas and check out the different historical markers in your area, and be sure to take your camera.

If she likes to sew or do crafts projects, check your local sewing center or Hobby Lobby to see if they're offering free workshops then go to one with her. Now that the Christmas holidays are looming, I'm sure you'll find several places will be teaching people how to decorate their homes for little or no cost.

If you've got a camera, grab a couple of rolls of film and take your girl out someplace pretty and shoot some pictures of her and of the two of you -- pumpkin patches would be fun, as would a local botanical garden or zoo. Heck, even going out to someone's farm could be interesting, getting shots of the two of you on the tractor or something like that. The beach is a good spot, as is any nearby state or national park, though they tend to charge admission.

Or, best of all, just plan to spend a day with her doing whatever tickles her fancy ... though that might run into money if you don't carefully plan.