My girl seems to have more fun at work, then with me sometimes. Should it bug me?

poisonthewell

My girlfriend at a music store so she works in a hip environment. I'm 26 she's 21. Everytime we hang out or go out on a date, she constantly talks about work and what sos and so said that made her laugh hysterically or what this guy said or what she did with this guy, all playful things. I'm not a jealous person so i really don't mind that she has fun all day long with her work friends, but

it bugs me a little, that she constantly has stories about what funny thing happened at work and when i don't laugh enough or show tons of interest in her story, she seems bummed or says "oh you had to be there". It makes me feel a little left out of her life that she has parties everyday with her work friends, and i have to admit, i get bored hearing about what this guy did or what joke this guy said that made her laugh. SHOULD IT BUG ME? I mean i can't blame her because, she's not in school, she just works all day and doesn't really have any goals right now, so i could see how, her job is her life pretty much, besides me. She's good to me and loves me very much, and i feel bad for feeling the way i do, but i just wish she would talk or be into something else. Should I feel Bad?

VASH THE STAMPEDE

Don't let it bug you.At least she lets you know whats going.

Some people never talk about how their day went at work and usally end up frustrated,and start arguing over silly $hit.So seize the moment and listen what she has to say.

• Author
poisonthewell

she's tried some things, but isn't really sure about what she wants to do just yet. So that's why ya know, i can see why all she has to talk about is what's going on in her life, which is her job. I guess I could chill out about the whole thing. I mean not everybody knows what they want to do career wise in their lives. Some people Do, some people don't. Some people think they do but they're not sure. She's one of those girls. But i support her and try to help her so, so what if she talks about work all the time, i guess i Solved my own problem, well, with a little help from VASH, Thanks VASH

be glad that she is working, that she loves her job so much that she wants to share it with you. that she wants to share her everyday activity with you though boring to you, it is her lfe right now.

maybe when she starts school for a career or changes to another job it will be her new interest and she will want to involve you in that as well.

so if you are planning on being with her for a long time, you may just have to get use to it.

she isn't by any chance trying to make you jealous is she? hopefully not.

I'd try to be a little more understanding. If her work and you are all she has going right now I think she's just trying to share an important part of her life with you. She wants to have things in common with you so she tells you about the things that have happenned to her and interest her. She hopes you find them interesting too..

Do you try to have adventures together? Maybe you need to do things with her outside of the ordinary (movies, dinner, parties, etc.). Perhaps you could take on a project together, volunteer together, build something. Then maybe she'll be able to share other kinds of talk with you.