'AW that's sweet of you' BS

So when a girl says that to you, does it basically mean that we are friends now? (no potential for relationship or sex)

Because personally, I don't want to be called sweet and the only people that call me sweet are female friends or my mother when I was a little kid.

"friends now? (no potential for relationship or sex)"

yup, but friendship takes two. You can bail =)

My ex is starting the same thing. I'm deciding what i want to do. I don't want to hear about her and her new man or see her/him together... but damnit we have so much fun together and are so close and never fight! If I bail, i lose my best friend, her parents, all her hot (taken) girlfriends and maybe any chance again with her.

it's part of moving on, there are other girls... so i'm thinking if i could handle it of just say F it.

You'reasian
So when a girl says that to you, does it basically mean that we are friends now? (no potential for relationship or sex)

Because personally, I don't want to be called sweet and the only people that call me sweet are female friends or my mother when I was a little kid.

Quickly follow up with something that makes things spicy!

I call a lot of people sweet, and my BF is one of them.

I would rather him be sweet than for him to be an *********!

Perhaps it's a regional thing? Is she Southern?

• Author
I call a lot of people sweet, and my BF is one of them.

I would rather him be sweet than for him to be an *********!

Perhaps it's a regional thing? Is she Southern?

Haha, no she's not. But I am.

Try a new strategy - stop being sweet ;)

That was totally not my intentions, but she took it that way.

You'reasian

That was totally not my intentions, but she took it that way.

Sweet is good - but do it again (or do nothing) and you're friend zoned.

Your next move should either be spicy or romantic, maybe humorous.

It means (a) you are behaving like a wuss, and (b) your "sweetness" is inauthentic because she knows you want to sleep with her. I can sense the contempt a girl has for a guy just from READING that phrase, because in my sadder days I've been on the receiving end of it.

Tease and flirt. Compliments should be rare and meaningful.

well depends on how she said it. i tell my bf he is sweet all the time.. bc he is! lol but i have said it with an undeertone of sarcasm when i dont want anything to do with the guy. Too hard to tell look for other signs. Like the weak hug, or kiss on the cheek only. things like that physical actions are a much better indicator. if she likes you she will wanna touch and be touched a lot if she doesnt she will wanna be distant.

MichiganMan222
Under what circumstances was this said?

You told her you liked her and she said "aw, that's sweet?"

Yeah, I'm a little confused. I was assuming it was the response to "I love you."

My gf tells me I'm sweet all the time, but when I tell her I love her, she tells me she loves me too.

mr.dream merchant

Well if you're not really involved with the girl who said it then stop being so sweet. Its nice to be sweet but only once you're involved with the broad or plan on being involved. If not, treat them like its their privilege to even get to interact with you.