first date - mention a recent break up?

dmoore

i broke up w/ a girlfriend of 2 1/2 yrs. about a month ago. this past weekend i met someone pretty cool & we hit it off. i got her number and was thinking of asking her out. my question is -- do i bring up the fact that i recently broke up with a long term girlfriend on the first date? or is this something that doesn't need to be mentioned until later, if at all?

i always mention that, always. i think its something that the person deserves to know. woudlnt you want to know? but i would say it doesnt help much to say it cause it can bring upon some worry from the other person- maybe she would wonder if yall are goign to get back together?

but i would mention it but you might want to say the current situation about this break up, if you never want to see her face again, etc..but in a tactful nice way! lol

I don't see any reason to mention it right away. After all, it's just a casual date right now. If things go further it might be a good idea to bring up the subject in conversation. I think it might put the person off to start right out with a topic like that. Just relax and let things go at their own pace. Maybe if the other person brings the topic up you could mention it. Otherwise I just don't see the purpose.

2SidestoStories

I'm with Cindy on this one. First dates are not the greatest time to pour yourself out there. If you feel a nice connection, there may be some reason to bring it up. It's not something to hide and skulk about, but if it's not brought up, there's no reason to blurt it out, either!

By the way, HAVE FUN! :D

If it comes up naturally, mention it. Don't bring it up out of nowhere.

"So how was your day?"

"Oh, it was good. Hey by the way, I just got out of a two and a half year relationship. How was yours?"