I really need advice here!

I will try and cut a long story short here coz this could go on for some time!

Basically i've been friends with a woman who is about 15 years older for me for a good ten or so years now - i've known her since i was a child because i grew in the same area were she still lives & she used to even tell me off as a child for jumping her front gardens with my other mates! (as mischeivous children do! haha)

Through a chance meeting, we became friends about 10 or so years ago as i said & in that time i've always appreciated her friendship/company and she has been there for me through some hard times i've been through & we've even spent some Christmas' together as well, along with her 3 daughters, which has been lovely!

She has been stating for the past few months how she wants me in the context of more than a friendship - but i don't!

I'm not suggesting that she is not attractive or anything coz she is, it's just that i've appreciated her as a friend for so long now - i just want it to stay like that.

She is stating that if i don't want her as more than a friend, then she will have to cut ties with me & move on - but that is hurting me so much coz i appreciate her as a friend so much - i realize that she must be hurting as well, but what do i do?

People fall for friends. Some can manage to remain friends and be content with the company of the loved one as friend. For others, it is too painful to not be together as a couple. If your friend feels she cannot 'just' be friends any more, I'm afraid you'll have to let her go. Only she knows her limits.