Nice guy in college class seems interested somehow

Ok. I'm 22, a senior in college. In one class I sit next to this guy who is probably 21, 22. The 2 girls in front of me always turn around and flirt with him, and basically I've noticed they are likely more than just a smidgen interested.

Well, this guy is really cool and seems friendly. When I speak to him, he is very receptive, friendly and kind. I took an extra handout for him when he missed class last week, and when I gave it to him he seemed quite grateful and even said, "Wow, thanks so much, I love you!" I was like, oh well, I just figured I should....

Well today one of those two interested ladies turned around and started provocatively speaking with him. He seemed a little uncomfortable and dare I say, not very interested or at least a little turned off by her forwardness. So...she basically asked him to do something, and I think he agreed.

Now here's the deal. I'm starting to have a crush on him, and now that I know he's single (agreeing to hang with that girl), I kind of want to make a move. This class is discussion-based, and in the times I've shared something he always turns to watch me speak. I've made it clear that I am shy. And I think he can tell I'm a good girl, someone who is friendly and kind. SO.... should I ask him to study or do something together? I wonder if his "signs" of potential interest are all in my head. And is this a fair move in the battleground of dating, even though I know how interested that girl is and that she is pursuing him already??? If he SEEMS interested, should I try talking to him a little more and see if he might make a move? I really don't want to scare him away.

I am in the same situation except the guy in my class has a girlfriend (yet he treats me the same as this guy is treating you), so I can't do anything about it. But if the guy in my class didn't have a girlfriend, I would definitely do something about it.

Since the guy you are talking to is single, I say make a move! Just try not to come on to him too strong. Give it some time, but don't take it too slow or that other girl might get to him first.

Good Luck! I hope it works for you!