Can't stop wondering about my boyfriends ex girlfriend

I've been going out with this guy for a while now, and we get along really well, and he says that he loves me. I'm not in love with him, but I really like him, so I'm just taking it slow.

The thing is, he's got this ex-girlfriend who I used to be in a book group with before I knew him and when they were together. They broke up before I met my guy, and she left the book group. Now though, I think about her all the time and I just can't help being SO curious about her. I want to know all about her, I know she still loves him but it's not like I'm scared of losing him or anything. He doesn't talk about her much.

I'm worried that she is hurt by him going out with me, and I feel like maybe she loves him more than I do, and deserves him more. I'm developing pretty strong feeling for a friend of mine which I feel awful about, because I still really like my boyfriend.

Originally posted by cuteeegal

I'm developing pretty strong feeling for a friend of mine which I feel awful about, because I still really like my boyfriend.

I think this is the crux of your problem. One might speculate that your curiosity about this ex-girlfriend is some kind of attempt to cushion leaving your boyfriend -- you can console yourself knowing there's someone out there who loves him more than you do.

By the way, how do you know she still loves him? You don't interact with her anymore. Did this come to you through the grapevine, did your boyfriend mention it, or have you just decided this on your own?

Anyway, I'd stop worrying about her, and confront your feelings for your boyfriend. Sounds to me like you ought to break up with him.