Should American men stop dating American women?

St. Nick

donnamaybe
Its not about hating American women.

Yes it is, and I bumped the opening post in this thread up just last page I believe to prove it. Go back and read it again and see all the horrible ways all us American women behave. :rolleyes:

Untouchable_Fire
I know, what happened with her? She was so in love with her very nice down to earth Janitor boyfriend and then after "Dream Girls" she dumped him for a Harvard attorney. That's not nice.

American women can't stand the idea of marrying down. It's all about $$$ and status.

JHud is just one example.

Untouchable_Fire
Yes it is, and I bumped the opening post in this thread up just last page I believe to prove it. Go back and read it again and see all the horrible ways all us American women behave. :rolleyes:

The OP was mostly complaining about how American women are prudes and want to have some kind of emotional connection before they hop into bed with him. :cool:

I think it's moved past that point... at least I hope it has.

donnamaybe
The OP was mostly complaining about how American women are prudes and want to have some kind of emotional connection before they hop into bed with him. :cool:

I think it's moved past that point... at least I hope it has.

And what an awful thing! And if she DID have sex with a guy on the first date, the SAME guy will no sooner finish and roll off of her before he starts calling her a slut.

When you begin an entire thread by insulting every woman in America, you're gonna get some hate. I think that's obvious.

Untouchable_Fire
And what an awful thing! And if she DID have sex with a guy on the first date, the SAME guy will no sooner finish and roll off of her before he starts calling her a slut.

When you begin an entire thread by insulting every woman in America, you're gonna get some hate. I think that's obvious.

LOL... Yeah he probably would think that.

I think it seems schizophrenic to most women because guys want it fast, but respect it when we have to work for it. But if you think about it from a guys point of view it makes more sense... because we compete with one another very hard. So when it's easy... we figure it's easy for all the other guys too. When you have to work for it... we see more value. :lmao:

OP was just a loser... That is really all the attention we should provide him.

While I have my gripes about American women.... and american men... I'm not jumping ship just yet. :bunny:

donnamaybe
OP was just a loser... That is really all the attention we should provide him.

While I have my gripes about American women.... and american men... I'm not jumping ship just yet. :bunny:

That must be the case. Someone who is that full of hate for American women must not be having any luck with any of 'em. ;)

I've had my fair share of problems with men, and they obviously live in America as do I, but my CURRENT American man is absolutely WONDERFUL! :love:

Untouchable_Fire
That must be the case. Someone who is that full of hate for American women must not be having any luck with any of 'em. ;)

I've had my fair share of problems with men, and they obviously live in America as do I, but my CURRENT American man is absolutely WONDERFUL! :love:

I can say for sure that over time my standards and expectations for women have changed. I can't say for sure if they have gone up, down, or sideways.

So, perhaps someone I didn't find very wonderful 5 years ago would seem great to me now? I don't know... I'm just happy with the woman I have, and I don't see things changing on that front.

The one thing that stands out in my mind as the stupidest part of this whole thread... and even I have participated in it somewhat... is that the premise is so wrong. IF there is a group of women who you can't really stereotype... It's going to be American Women. Why? Because we vary so widely.

Sure there is a basic culture... but this place is an enormous melting pot. So, it's kind of stupid to say American Women are any one way. NYC women are VASTLY different than women in Utah.

The one thing that stands out in my mind as the stupidest part of this whole thread... and even I have participated in it somewhat... is that the premise is so wrong. IF there is a group of women who you can't really stereotype... It's going to be American Women. Why? Because we vary so widely.

You're right and a lot of American women are fine-ish, but we and to a lesser degree most other very westernized societies are reaping the 'benefit' of being thoroughly programmed by the deluge of available media. In other places real family interaction and connection is much more pervasive and prominent as a molding influence on people.

Sadly it shows.

In most foreign lands for instance, it's exceedingly rare to find a person who does not have an almost reverential attitude toward their parents and grandparents, and to a lesser degree, to older people in general. Here they are viewed as impediments to smooth traffic flow and bathroom efficiency.

The degree of just plain politeness afforded to random people is another example, although the Southern US still has a veneer of graciousness to it that the rest of the country seems to lack.

Untouchable_Fire
Sadly it shows.

In most foreign lands for instance, it's exceedingly rare to find a person who does not have an almost reverential attitude toward their parents and grandparents, and to a lesser degree, to older people in general. Here they are viewed as impediments to smooth traffic flow and bathroom efficiency.

The degree of just plain politeness afforded to random people is another example, although the Southern US still has a veneer of graciousness to it that the rest of the country seems to lack.

I think that has to do with the Baby Boomers. They are pretty much the JackAss Generation and did a very poor job raising Gen X and Gen Y.

I believe that the culture wars have caused serious damage to America as a whole, and have created artificial divisions within our population. If you study history something very similar happened in the Byzantine Empire before it fell.

In my state the more conservative areas people are very polite and take care of the elderly. That might be just because elderly people are a higher percentage of the population, but I doubt it.

However.... all this stuff is kind of off topic. Bottom line is that, by and large you can find whatever kind of woman you want in America if your willing to look.

Bottom line is that, by and large you can find whatever kind of woman you want in America if your willing to look.

You can find food in the landfill too, I've even heard you can find corn in the sewer. I'll stick to places where I have to do less sorting and chucking for now. Fortunately here in the US we also have a thing called immigration, so finding someone raised with more traditional values isn't impossible.

donnamaybe
Bottom line is that, by and large you can find whatever kind of woman you want in America if your willing to look.

So true! Unfortunately, many men look at the surface and if it's pretty and shiny, they don't bother to look at the inside. And then they come on LS and bitch about how prudish and shallow we ALL are. :rolleyes:

GorillaTheater
So true! Unfortunately, many men look at the surface and if it's pretty and shiny, they don't bother to look at the inside. And then they come on LS and bitch about how prudish and shallow we ALL are. :rolleyes:

Thanks to JS, I can fully empathise with this statement. :)

donnamaybe
Thanks to JS, I can fully empathise with this statement. :)

I hear ya, GT. It works both ways, sadly enough.

Untouchable_Fire

That is such a true statement.

You'reasian

It really isn’t considering all the nasty comments that were made about American women. As an American women, it’s hurtful to hear the venom and hate for women of your own nationality. No offense but it’s not like American men are perfect.

Its not because of their nationality, its because of their behavior.

Who said anything about American men being perfect?

Then you will really like it when I start calling you Sugar Ass. :)

Either way, its funny $h1+ lol

You're so bitter.

So true! Unfortunately, many men look at the surface and if it's pretty and shiny, they don't bother to look at the inside.

No, we look at the pretty shiny ones and find the imports are nice inside ... so to speak. :lmao:

You'reasian

Not all of you, just alot of you.

There are many awesome, respectable women out there - but there are also many shallow, fearful, bitter ones too lol

donnamaybe
Not all of you, just alot of you.

There are many awesome, respectable women out there - but there are also many shallow, fearful, bitter ones too lol

And just as many rotten men too. Let's all dwell on the bad ones, shall we? Let's all wallow in our collective misery and talk trash about all the horrible women and men we've ever met and then let's paint the entire population of the US with the same brush. :rolleyes:

That's what the OP did when he began this thread.

You'reasian
And just as many rotten men too. Let's all dwell on the bad ones, shall we? Let's all wallow in our collective misery and talk trash about all the horrible women and men we've ever met and then let's paint the entire population of the US with the same brush. :rolleyes:

That's what the OP did when he began this thread.

I haven't really talked trash or stated about how horrible American women were. Please check my posts in this thread - I even suggest that the OP doesn't have to go overseas and may be better off changing his location or venue too meet new people.

I've repeatedly stated (do I sound like a broken record? :laugh:) that its the behaviors and actions that are the real issues - the games, the shallowness, dating rules etc - not nationality per se.

I've met some great women and am generally happy. I'm ready to meet some more :)

donnamaybe
I haven't really talked trash or stated about how horrible American women were. Please check my posts in this thread - I even suggest that the OP doesn't have to go overseas and may be better off changing his location or venue too meet new people.

I've repeatedly stated (do I sound like a broken record? :laugh:) that its the behaviors and actions that are the real issues - the games, the shallowness, dating rules etc - not nationality per se.

I've met some great women and am generally happy. I'm ready to meet some more :)

I didn't say you talked trash, but the OP was trying to get a bitch fest going against American women, and I just ain't buyin' it.

And thanks for injecting some sense in the midst of all this prattling. :)

Yes, there are MANY good women AND many good MEN as well in America. Folks just need to look deeper than the wallet and/or the skin. ;)

Frankly, I think this whole 32-page long thread is MOSTLY full of speculations and 'grass-on-the-other-side-is-greener' syndrome by people who've never had relationships with people from other countries before, or only had short flings or booty calls with them. Before anyone jumps on my throat, I repeat, mostly. I can name at least 5 men here whom I'm PRETTY sure have never been in long term relationships with foreign women before, and who are just taking out their bitterness and despair regarding their dating misfortunes with their countrywomen here.

Yeah, I'm sure American men would jump if some petite Asian girl with that silky long black hair wanted to have some fun with them. Duh, human nature. On the other hand, I'm sure lots of American women fantasize about romantic, dark, tall Italian men with their endearing accent.

They don't consider the fact that out there, the Asian men who are living with all the Asian girls around might be fantasizing about American women, and the Italian women who have all the Italian men they could want might be fantasizing about American men.

That which is 'rare' and 'exotic' always holds a higher degree of attraction.

Before anyone jumps on my throat again, I'm not American. And honestly I think lots of American women in these forums, if their stories are true, treat their men better than many women whom I know IRL do.

You'reasian
I didn't say you talked trash, but the OP was trying to get a bitch fest going against American women, and I just ain't buyin' it.

And thanks for injecting some sense in the midst of all this prattling. :)

Yes, there are MANY good women AND many good MEN as well in America. Folks just need to look deeper than the wallet and/or the skin. ;)

He might have had a bitch fest about American women, but if you read his post carefully - he is bitching about behaviors and actions moreso ;)

You know, I've been interested in what you would call average-looking women, whom are above average in intelligence, culture etc. - and we had some really deep and thoughtful conversation but there was usually something about personality or disinterest in relationships in general that did not allow us to connect....

to find myself meeting a smokin' hottie with average intelligence and a more carefree attitude more responsive.

It doesn't make any sense :laugh:

You'reasian
I can name at least 5 men here whom I'm PRETTY sure have never been in long term relationships with foreign women before, and who are just taking out their bitterness and despair regarding their dating misfortunes with their countrywomen here.

Yeah, I'm sure American men would jump if some petite Asian girl with that silky long black hair wanted to have some fun with them. Duh, human nature. On the other hand, I'm sure lots of American women fantasize about romantic, dark, tall Italian men with their endearing accent.

They don't consider the fact that out there, the Asian men who are living with all the Asian girls around might be fantasizing about American women, and the Italian women who have all the Italian men they could want might be fantasizing about American men.

That which is 'rare' and 'exotic' always holds a higher degree of attraction.

Before anyone jumps on my throat again, I'm not American. And honestly I think lots of American women in these forums, if their stories are true, treat their men better than many women whom I know IRL do.

Personally, I can't imagine an Asian guy whose dated women from different cultures/races....

he doesn't exist.

However, in this posters opinion - foreign women tend to be more male friendly with their attitude and behaviors (note, i did not say more attractive because of juicy accents, big boobs, hair color, because they pay for half etc.).

The challenge? Cultural differences can make it hard on American guys, especially if they are not more globally-minded individuals.

Foreign women tend to be leaner on average though, mostly due to different transportation infrastructure (having to walk, cycle everywhere versus driving) and in some countries/cultures our foreign neighbors are really into active hobbies - weather it be anything from lacrosse, cycling to judo (yep, women in foreign countries enjoy practicing martial arts - according to friends of mine whom travel).

You'reasian

I've never done this - usually the first comment is "damn, the sun's up already" :D

lonelypiscesguy
That's wussup! I was born in Germany, Military Brat. The whole them paying for themselves thing is enough to turn me onto it. I hate arguing with a stuck up broad who feels like she's entitled to **** because she's got a pussy between her legs.
Love it! My ex GF broke up with me 2 months ago, going through the whole post dating turmoil, but one of the things that stands out in my mind is her saying to me "jokingly", "I have the pussy, so I make the rules." She played the same c***tease s*** months before. Always made me wonder...American women? Pretty tired of them, especially these California Princesses.