From bust to Friendship?

Tiocfaidh Armari

Tiocfaidh Armari

Hi,

Basically there's a girl I used to have strong feelings for but a relationship didn't happen because she was already in a relationship with another whom she preferred over me.

Now she has become single again as her partner and herself have gone their different ways. I was thinking of getting back in contact with her since the opportunity for a friendship has presented itself and was wondering if anyone could advise on the best way to do it or if you think its a bad idea say so.

Personally, I'd be happy with a platonic relationship with her as my life has gone in a different direction since and I'm quite happy with it.

• Author
Tiocfaidh Armari
Were you friends before your infatuation?

Yes we were. So I'm slightly worried that she might think its a cynical rouse to get involved with her again.

My gut reaction to your post is that rekindling this friendship may not work. I know that I was presented with a similar situation, and when hanging out I started to feel a little something develop again. I had to cut it off instantly and the only thing I got out of it was a few restless nights of sleep. I think it's very difficult to do.

I know everyone's experience is different and I'm sure there are some who have done it successfully, but my experience suggests a bad idea!

Yes we were. So I'm slightly worried that she might think its a cynical rouse to get involved with her again.

Are you in another romantic relationship currently? How's that going?

• Author
Tiocfaidh Armari
Are you in another romantic relationship currently? How's that going?

Its early days yet, but I think that its stable enough to withstand it.