She knows all my friends and I want more...

I've known this girl for about 6 months now. We hang out usually once a week, and it is fun. I am slowly starting to want more, and what is difficult is that she is socially liberal and loose and tolerates the idea of FWB and has also mentioned she wants a boyfriend, whichever comes her way she'll accept--but neither with just anyone, which is the catch. Problem is not sure if she wants me as either, as we're comfortable as regular platonic friends but she doesn't suggest anything more, but neither have I. Neither of us have talked about advancing though, so I really don't know what she thinks. I haven't made any talks or moves because, first off, she is really good company. She is one of the most easiest people to talk to and she is up to do anything, so I am not sure I could emotionally afford to lose her in my life. Also, her closest friends are also my good friends, and she is a talker and I've noticed that everything that we do is basically broadcast to our other friends by her.

If we didn't share the same friends I would probably talk to her about it and get over it if I get rejected. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I am thinking I will just not call her or anything and see what she does. Does this sound good or not? Do you think if I were to talk about advancing our friendship, and get rejected, I would lose our mutual friends too due to her gossip, or would they probably not care? Thanks.

If she controls your friends, they're not your friends.

Ask her out on a date. Just do it.

Do you find any of her friends attractive?

• Author

Thanks for your advice Carhill.

I find one of her (also mine, so mutual) friends attractive, but she is in a relationship right now.

This topic's girl mainly hangs out with guys, which is also another problem. She's just really comfortable with guys, which might help recover from rejection now that I think about it...

My best advice, if you want a girlfriend, is to quit hanging out with girls. You need to date them.

OK, ask object of your affection out. If she says no or "we're friends and I don't want to lose that", smile and say "No worries love; just set me up with one of your friends". Her reaction will tell you whether she's your friend or not ;)

Charles1978
My best advice, if you want a girlfriend, is to quit hanging out with girls. You need to date them.

OK, ask object of your affection out. If she says no or "we're friends and I don't want to lose that", smile and say "No worries love; just set me up with one of your friends". Her reaction will tell you whether she's your friend or not ;)

Haha I like this a lot! Good advice... I'd like to see how it works out