What the hell was that for?

So I got caught up in a best friend - dating, developed feelings - didn't work out mess. Tried to rekindle friendship, found out he went back with girl he was dating previous to I after I admitted my feelings to him. Drama drama. When I found out I told him I was walking away because I couldn't do it anymore. Things the entire time between us were pretty unclear and it seemed our entire "friendship" was based on some unknown thing lying beneath the surface.

I have not spoken to him in weeks. I made one attempt to talk to him after some hint given to me from his friend I should but I backed down. Saturday I was out and ran into him and girl on the street. I said hello and quickly passed, completely shattered by seeing the two of them together.

Sunday he shows up at my work. I made very small talk and he sits down for a good two hours while I avoided him. I was finally off of work, he was still there. I sat down and talked to him for awhile. He never explained why he was there or what he wanted. We did a tiny bit of "catching up" and both parted ways when we left.

What the hell am I suppose to do? I have no idea what the **** he wants from me at this point. I put myself extremely out there and he rejected me completely and then shows up the day after I see him with this girl.

And it finally was feeling ok without him.

Tell him to either:

A) get his head straight with where he is

or

B) take a long walk off a short pier

Until you have space from him, it will not feel better. He has to respect that.