i LOVE him?

okay so, i think im actually falling for some one 8years older than me.

I honestly cant get him out of my head. When i see him and talk to him its honestly the best feeling ive ever had. is this love ? i hope it is. i want to be with him loadss.

can anyone help me?

If you can't get him out of your head and talking to him is the best feeling you ever had plus you "want to be with him loadss", then yup, it is.

voldigicam

8 years is OK. My SO is 10 years younger.

And I've been mutually infatuated with someone 30 years younger . . . We called that off pretty quick!

• Author

thanks so much all of you. i hope something happens and i'll post on this and tell you'se...

I always say age is just a number, its just people getting involved that stop things right ? x

voldigicam

There are certain logistical problems. If I were, for example, to be single and deeply involved with someone even as little as 20 years younger who sought a life partner we'd have relatively little time together. I'm 55, she would be 35. At a vigorous 50 (and many women are) I'd 70. A vigorous 70 isn't generally capable of keeping up with a vigorous 50. I imagine I'll be cycling and so on, unless something goes wrong, but will be rather mellowed out. So really, there's a nice 10 year window there. Sort of unfair to slide out of one's really active years while someone else is still in them.

But money and other aspects may play into it, because I see those relationships.

10 years certainly isn't pushing it too much for many people. Kids play into it; I'll be in my mid 60s when my kids are really set for the world. Considering my health and general liveliness, that isn't too bad. Absolutely nobody picks my age correctly, generally guessing 8 to 15 years younger. And my wife tends to be rather little old lady like for her age, so we're a good match.

Still. There are clicks that can't be stopped. As I mentioned above, I had a strong mutual "click" occur with a young lady of 25. That melting, mutual falling in love quickly can't stand it type thing. Briefly. We regrouped and called that off because 1) I'm married, 2) she's a nymphomanic (self described), and 3) age. The age we discussed and realized it simply wouldn't really work that well anyway. But that under other circumstanced we could have pushed it to work for a while.

But 8 years isn't much at all, really. Unless it's 14 and 22. That's a big jump. Although many 22 year old males seem to act as if they're 14.

• Author

well, i am 14 and he is 22, is that bad? i know it sounds like a big age differnence but in some cases it does'nt matter right?

Oh, dear, OP, in what culture do you live and where are your parents? I remember when Elvis was courting Priscilla Beaulieu and they were approximately the same ages and difference. Parents were very much involved :)

• Author

well yea i know what you mean i dont think its that bad when im 20 he will be 28. There's no point involving my parents yet though because im not with him.

Thanks for everyones help x

*sigh*

You are 14 years old, he is 22 - and you want to be with him "loadss"...you say you are not with him yet...also he has not reciprocated.

This is not love.

It's called having a crush.

I had plenty of them, when I was your age.

• Author

it maybe a crush but you obviously know why,

lads my age today act so childish,

no wonder us girls like older lads x

Shock Me Sane

You probably shouldn't be thinking about falling in love and dating older men until you've finished growing.

Any 22 year old showing interest in a 14 year old has some issues.

i completely agree with shock me sane. any 22 year old who has interest in teenagers has DEEP DARK SCARY TROUBLED problems. a predator.

Citizen Erased
i completely agree with shock me sane. any 22 year old who has interest in teenagers has DEEP DARK SCARY TROUBLED problems. a predator.

At what point did the OP say he has indicated he had an interest in her? :confused: For all we know he could be a brother of her friend, family friend etc. He probably sees her as a kid.

the only time age matters is when you're emotionally undeveloped. During teenage years, you can learn alot about your own emotions within months or a year. I'm only 16 myself and I'm certain that if I met my 14 year old self I'd punch him in the face.

So come to grips with your own reality first. This is not love.