ex's best friend...

YES. It's about as bad as it it is to sleep or date YOUR best friends ex. Or your sister/brother's ex. ANY one that you are close to or are friends with. You go with any of their ex'es, it's complete and utter disrespect in my books, as well with any decent person I know.

It's the unwritten rule. Unless you are some nasty person who wants to be hurtful and malicioius to the person, then i think it would suit your beliefs.

Sorry if this sounds harsh. But i have no tolerance for this type of thing, I've seen many friends get very hurt over things like this, i have been as well. I just don't have any patience for it.

Island Girl
personally i think theres nothing wrong with it. but this also depends on how long you were with your ex and on what terms you ended. IMO btw.

I'd agree.

It really depends on what kind of terms you want to maintain with the ex.

To me when an ex is an ex they mean about as much as any acquaintance.

They no longer mean anything to me and aren't close or in my life in any way.

It's the unwritten rule. Unless you are some nasty person who wants to be hurtful and malicioius to the person, then i think it would suit your beliefs.

I think that unwritten rule actually applies to the friend.

It is the very rare occasion that exes remain on great terms and continue a friendship. Usually one of them still has lingering feelings.

Exes are just exes. You owe them nothing just as they owe you nothing.

The relationship is over.

Therefore you can date whomever you want.

I'd agree.

It really depends on what kind of terms you want to maintain with the ex.

To me when an ex is an ex they mean about as much as any acquaintance.

They no longer mean anything to me and aren't close or in my life in any way.

I think that unwritten rule actually applies to the friend.

It is the very rare occasion that exes remain on great terms and continue a friendship. Usually one of them still has lingering feelings.

Exes are just exes. You owe them nothing just as they owe you nothing.

The relationship is over.

Therefore you can date whomever you want.

call me sensitive... but regardless of how horrible the past relationship was... I would still feel really guilty about doing something like that to an ex. Breaking up always involves some hurt. I feel guilty about that. Why make it worse after it's all over. I don't know, maybe i'm just weird. But it's how i feel anyway.

I've lived through it, and i wouldn't want to do it again. although it wasn't REALLY the case. My current bf was never my ex's friend. My ex hated him because he tried picking me up in front of him years before we got together. My current bf and i were friends for ALOT longer than before me and my ex got together.. But still when my ex found out about us being together i felt really bad. Thinking if he wondered if i ever thought about being with him while we were together etc... When i told him he just told me to stop talking and he sped of in a big hurry i just wanted to be honest because he was still hopeful. I guess i just think too much.or maybe i feel guilty for too many things? **** i don no. I'm messed up right now. never mind me. It's just how i am i guess.