going away

My boyfriend is graduating this year..while i still have one year to go. He's leaving for college in August, and to think about it, that's not too far away. He just said I'm going to a college that's about an hour and half away and left it at that. I want it to work out, but Im thinking that it won't because he's going to be meeting a lot of girls that he would want to date. Am i suppose to let go or hang on? please help.

billy the kid

I'd say give it a chance, but be prepared for the worst.. if he truely cares for you everything will be ok.. as with every thing only time will tell...

My boyfriend is graduating this year..while i still have one year to go. He's leaving for college in August, and to think about it, that's not too far away. He just said I'm going to a college that's about an hour and half away and left it at that. I want it to work out, but Im thinking that it won't because he's going to be meeting a lot of girls that he would want to date. Am i suppose to let go or hang on? please help.

Let go and be cool about it. If he comes home from college and you don't have a date or aren't seeing anybody, great...you can go out with him. But chances are excellent that he will be meeting lots of girls in college. You are one of the sharper people I've seen around and your perception of reality is excellent.

Love happens in its own way. If you are meant for this guy, the two of you will be together in due time. But it is beyond insane to wait around and watch TV on Saturday nights while he is off at college.

On the other hand, if he's got a car and really cares deeply about you, there is no reason he can't come home on Friday nites to spend weekends with you. The college isn't that far away. If he doesn't have a car, he can always hitch a ride with a college mate who is going in your direction. Of course, you can always visit him.

My vote is for retaining the friendship and fondness but free each other to see other people and let happen what will. At his age, he is only beginning the dating journey and is likely to experience a lot of females before settling down. I am amazed that in the face of your love for him you realize this.

You have really got a GREAT head on your shoulders. I wish more ladies were like you. I don't think he'll find anyone as level-headed as you anywhere. You are a great catch for anybody!!!