Potential FWB.... strange behaviour

Thanks for reading this. I am new to this community and started reading posts and thought I'd ask for some advice.

I dated this guy for a few weeks about 5 months ago. We only hung out a few times (4 or 5) but he seemed really interested. Not much physical happened (kissing, cuddling). He broke things off because he said he felt like he was to busy to be starting a brand new relationship at that time and wasn't sure if the chemistry was there. I was a bit bummed but not that much since our relationship hadn't progressed much. However, I was surprised because he did seem extremely interested and we got along fabulously.

Not much contact over the past few months. I was in another relationship, since broken up.

Lately we have been texting a bit. We ended up at a bar together last weekend and from the minute we saw each other, we were inseperable. We hung out for a few hours. He was throwing compliments at me and being very affectionate. He even kissed me in front of his friends.

I am incrediably attracted to this guy but not sure if I have "real feelings" for him since we didn't date long enough for me to figure it out.

So at the end of the night, we were clung together at the bar (immature, I know...). He was kissing me and telling me he thought I was the perfect girl but that he still didn't think things would work out for us relationship-wise. Now I know you are all thinking he was trying to get me in bed... but... we left the bar together and he put me in my own cab and sent me home, saying he was just too drunk. I had already made up my mind that he was too drunk and I wasn't going home with him anyway.

I don't know much about what I feel for him except that I am super attracted to him. Is this an appropriate FWB situation? I've never done this before...

TaraMaiden

Sounds like Mr non-commitment to me. He would love to be in a relationship with you, hugs and cuddles and kisses, but he doesn't feel he could date you or be in a relationship?

It's good he put you into a cab. That shows respect and self-respect. I'd consider it relationship material.

Only whatever you do, don't call it 'a relationship'.....

• Author

Thanks for the input.

It's mixed messages for sure! I contacted him today and I think we are going to talk.

I'd appreciate other comments if there are any out there.... guys??

LucreziaBorgia

I dunno. It doesn't sound too strange to me. He likes you. He just doesn't want a relationship right now, period.