Confused, bewildered and insane

Ok, I need a little help here 'coz i'm starting to drive myself slowly to insanity.....I have a, umm...well he's now a friend. Was actually my boss for several years, he told me about 4 months ago that he is in love with me, not just the sexual kind but it goes a lot deeper on a spiritual and emotional level. He has felt this way since i first met him, around 6 years ago, but did not feel it appropriate to divulge how hw felt.

Anyway, since this conversation we have cultivated a wonderful friendship where by we share a lot of the same ideals and interests. I regularly stay at his.....in the spare room.

Sounds like it should move on right???? Well here's the problem, he is 24 years older than me. He is everything you would want in a man but i am unsure of the sexual attraction. Also, getting into that kind of relationship could wreck a great friendship. We speak almost everyday on the phone for at least a couple of hours. As my life is soooo hectic its one more thing to add to the cauldron of insanity. Can you have love without the passion, can that grow??? Invariably the passion will fade and then you are left with what i have already. So any bright ideas, advice or should i just ingest copious amounts of opium??????