confused

I love my boyfriend so much, but i never tell him that. I want to, but when im on the verge of saying it, i back off and end up not saying it. i really do love him.i have no idea what im scared of. Ive been thinking, maybe because im afraid of what his response will be. But i dont know. Am i not ready to say it? or maybe i really dont love him and just like him a lot? I know 'love' is a strong word and when "i love you" is put together, it means a lot. Im confused about why i cant say it..please help.

the reason you are so scared to say it is because deep down you probably really don't believe it. you shouldn't be scared to tell someone you love them if you really do. has he told YOU he loves you? if not, you are obviously afraid of being rejected or scaring him off. the time will come when you will both realize your love for each other & it will be mutually voiced. i think you should hold off saying anything until that day comes. just enjoy your time with him now & the 'love' word will follow.

I love my boyfriend so much, but i never tell him that. I want to, but when im on the verge of saying it, i back off and end up not saying it. i really do love him.i have no idea what im scared of. Ive been thinking, maybe because im afraid of what his response will be. But i dont know. Am i not ready to say it? or maybe i really dont love him and just like him a lot? I know 'love' is a strong word and when "i love you" is put together, it means a lot. Im confused about why i cant say it..please help.

I understand what you are saying. I don't know how old you are, but the "I Love You" words are so difficult to say at any age when you feel so stronly, especially if he has not said it yet.

The very first time I felt love enough for a guy to express it, I was 18 yrs old. I had done plenty of dating, but never felt the loving feelings I had for this man (he was 23 at that time). He had not told me yet and I felt so strongly that I wanted him to know how I felt. That way, if he did not feel the same way, it would certainly be a good thing to know!

I finally worked up the courage one day at an appropriate time and said "I think I am falling in love with you". That is how I worded it. He said "Really?" but did not say he loved me, too. Well, it was later that day or the next day and he said "Remember how you said you you were feeling about me". I answered yes and he said "I think I am feeling the same way about you, too."

You see, it IS a VERY serious thing to express and not to be thrown around lighly as many do. He took it as seriously as I did. We were both shy and uncomfortable about verbally expressing it, but we got to it in a round about way. After that, it was so much easier to tell him (and for him to tell me) "I love you".

It is just a really difficult expression to verbalize when you are so serious about it, but love will find a way :)