Was she leading me on?

Hi, my first post here. Just wondered what you thought of my situation

I met a great girl 6 months ago and we really hit it off. She has a BF that she lives with and as we work together and got along so well she started to tell me stuff about her relationship, and how unhappy she was and that they were going to seperate

Anyway I just listened to her, offered advice etc, and Imust admit I did find her attractive. Anyway as time went on she started to turn the chats to more of a sexual nature, telling me what she enjoyed in bed, asking me what i liked and so on. She would say things like ' I bet i could teach you some things in bed' - sexual convo, all the time..

We began meeting for lunch outside work, she would tell me her problems, that her relationship was getting worse, then she started saying she found me really attractive sexually. Because time had gone on for several months, I knew how unhappy she was and she would always repeat how attractive she found me and use seuxal innuendo for everything, as we parted one day I went to kiss her

She withdrew immediately and said ' I only want friendship, nothing like that'

I said ' but everything you've said..'

and she said ' I think maybe men cant seperate emotions like women, I only want friendship. Im sorry you think its more, i cant and wont do anything more'

anyway we parted and I text her a couple of time saying how sorry I was that I must have misread things. She said 'its ok nothing happened, we'll just keep it as friends so you dont stray from the path again'

Since then I have changed my view and it has made me quite angry and I feel like she has led me on. Why would a woman talk like that to a man, saying she fancied him and not expect a reaction? Its made me angry as shes made me feel like a sex pest

Was I in the wrong?

Should I just continue as though we are friends and pretend that didnt happen, or walk away from her? Its confused me and made me sad

thanks

She is what you call a p....tease. Enjoys getting men to fancy her, then pretending it was all your fault. Or just playing hard to get. Either way, don't make the first move with her. Be cool. Woman like that cannot stand it when you pretend you are not interested in them.

• Author

I ignored her today, partly out of embarrassment on my part. Because I'd normally text her and havent she just text me saying ' its so hot today, why dont we meet at the airport & go somewhere hot together?'

see what i mean - talk about mixed messages!

I really like her as a person but I feel like I'm being used and its making me angry. If i say something though she might just say ' see he only wanted to talk to me to get into my pants' when it is more than that..geezz..a womans mind...

LucreziaBorgia

Attention whores are best ignored.

But...

If you must respond, just say "hey, I like you and want to date you. You apparently aren't interested in that. I don't want 'just friends' so it is best if we don't talk."

Straight to the point without sounding like you were only in it to get in her pants.

Ignore this person. She's in it for the attention and to her, you're just a girlfriend with a penis. You will never go anywhere with this girl, so move on. She's got exactly what she wants and you have nothing. That's not a healthy friendship.