'taking a break'... not your typical situation though?

vballtay

we're not in a committed relationship.

he pursued me about a year ago for several months, and i fell in love. the only problem was, he was a bit more than i could handle AT THE TIME so i had to let him know that we would probably be better off as friends.

ha.

that DID NOT mean that i didnt feel for him. that's how he took it though and thought he had no chance in hell (he told me this was the reason that he didnt love me today) and found someone else.

our friendship still had that attraction factor, and we got into some sexual things. however this hurt me tremendously because i was sharing these intimate things with him when i knew he didnt return my feelings.

i called him crying one night telling him exactly how i felt and how i couldnt do the sexual stuff anymore, and why. i told him i wasnt sure if i could remain in ANY kind of relationship anymore.

he was really upset that he hurt me, and he texted me multiple times asking if i was ok. i told him exactly how basically either way, with or without him there, it kills me. he told me he was really sorry, asked me please not to cry over him, and told me he 'needed to give me time to think,' and that whatever my decision may be that he would support me.

obviously i need time to think of whether i really want to keep him in my life. but we are just friends? i'm not sure what he expects me to be 'thinking' about, whether i want to keep him as a friend? as something more? is he trying to get me to 'lose' my romantic feelings for him? is this his nice way of 'getting rid' of me?

i'm so beyond confused (can you tell?) and still hurt. any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks :(

You messed it up by being a roller coaster with him because you couldnt make up your mind, so he thinks youre playing games.

So you need to make up your mind. If you want to be with him, nows the time to pursue him. If hes with another girl now, you'll have to wait your turn.

If talking to him hurts you, tell him he cant contact you until hes single again. For your own mental health.