Men majoring in fashion and clothing design

I just found out the nice guy I've been sitting next to in a class is a textiles, clothing and design major. Is he likely gay, or am I way out of line? I am somewhat interested in him but I don't want to make him uncomfortable. He really does not seem gay in any of the ways my gay male friends behave. I hate to generalize about people like this but I'm really wondering. Do straight guys major in fashion and design??

of course they do! I'm in the graphic arts & advertising design major and there are a few that i've seen that instantly pop up on my GAYdar screen lol

with their gay voices, tight clothing, way they move/hand movements, talking to their "girlfriends" most of the time......it's a high possiblity theyre gay who knows...

hell my friend went into fashion for a year, but transferred to illustration when he decided it wasnt for him. he's never been laid or had a girlfriend, he's just not that social active....but im pretty positive he's not gay

whether or not he's gay why does it matter to you?? since you said he's a nice person and all, and seem to have no problems being around gay friends

Do straight guys major in fashion and design?

I'm sure they do, just like people with bad spelling and grammar study journalism because they want to be writers! :laugh:

seriously, though, maybe he just has a good eye for these kinds of things and is bright enough to have picked up on it.

• Author

Monkey00: Well the reason I'm so curious is that I am interested in him! ;-D I just wonder if I have a chance.

Thanks to both of you with your insight. I welcome more opinions!

There may be a lot of gay guys in fashion and design (and architecture, the arts, etc etc) but not every man in the trade is. Go for it - if he's gay, you'll end up with a good friend, at least :)

• Author

Moimeme: Thanks for the vote of confidence. It's so funny because he seems the antithesis of the gay men I know. A little weary of the bicurious quality of the last person I was seeing, I actually remember thinking, THIS guy is straight, a sure bet. LOL just a laughable circumstance of irony. I will get to the bottom of this! Thanks again!