TrustInYourself

Facing pain and loss on a continual basis leads to growth and understanding. People typically do not appreciate life unless they know true suffereing.

With that being said, you are starting to turn the corner, ever so slightly. The journey of life is a long path. Keep walking and best of luck.

• Author

Hi TIY, you are second person in as many days, to have said this to me. I do agree with the philosophical observation, however, I have had pain and hardship in my life before this and as such I was never one of those people who did not appreciate my life or my ex and our relationship. On the contary, I cherished him and our life, I was well aware of how fortunate I was at the time.

I truely hope that both you and Nomad are right and that one day I will look back and see that this man was no good for me, it is difficult to see right now though.

You're right, I am moving on, not b/c I want to, not b/c I appreciate life more, but b/c I have no choice. I can choose to sit and wallow, but what will that achieve? My heart is broken, but life goes on and I must continue to forge out a path for myself. I hope it leads to happiness again.

hopesndreams

Be proud of what you have accomplished in these past few months. The wallowing in pity is now over for you, and for me as well, to an extent. There is nothing but good things to come our way. Let's put the pain in the past, where it belongs, and look toward the future and just get through today, without beating ourselves up. From my experience in dealing with all this, I am finding me again, and I ain't so bad. :)

Keep posting Lisa, you give out great advice and I always look forward to what you have to say to try to help others.

Aww, bless your heart, Lisa -- thank you for telling me about your thread -- I haven't read all of it but, I really feel what you'v been through --

Lots of hugs --

soheartbroken

Hi Lisa,

Just wanted to say that you're truly an inspiration to me. There are many heartbreaking stories on LS, but yours in particular has struck a chord with me.

If you can soldier on, maybe I can too? Now I just need to start believing it.

• Author
Hi Lisa,

Just wanted to say that you're truly an inspiration to me. There are many heartbreaking stories on LS, but yours in particular has struck a chord with me.

If you can soldier on, maybe I can too? Now I just need to start believing it.

I have no doubt in my mind at all that you are going to get through this SOB (Soheartbroken), the reason I know this is b/c I was where you are now 4 months ago.

I also know you are a strong women, you have alreday coped with so much in your life, such as coming out and getting into law school. This ride is a long and bumpy one, I'm not there yet, I still have ups and downs and backslides, but we will get there, both of us.

• Author
Be proud of what you have accomplished in these past few months. The wallowing in pity is now over for you, and for me as well, to an extent. There is nothing but good things to come our way. Let's put the pain in the past, where it belongs, and look toward the future and just get through today, without beating ourselves up. From my experience in dealing with all this, I am finding me again, and I ain't so bad. :)

Keep posting Lisa, you give out great advice and I always look forward to what you have to say to try to help others.

Thanks H&D. Can I ask how your situation is at the moment? Is H still planning on coming home end of this month? I get the feeling from your posts that you don't want him anymore? Or if you do, it's now on your terms!

• Author

H&D I left you a reply on your thread.

Today has been a quiet day, I've had many "unreal" moments, but tinged with sadness instead of the usual disbelief. All those years, all those times, never a hint of anything a miss. Wow, he has a serious problem with commitment.

I didn't deserve this.

I have been thinking a lot about whether I would take him back, not that the situation looks likely, I still love him, but, fear of marriage or not, he knew what he has done and said has hurt me, he would rather cause me pain than deal with his own issues. I don't think I could ever trust him again.

What will my life become? I hope there is someone out there for me, someone I can love as much as I loved him, who will love me the way I deserve to be loved.

• Author

Ok, so can anyone tell me why I feel guilty?

I just spoke to a mutal friend who made the comment that AT LEAST my ex didn't do blah blah......

I went a bit nuts on her! Told her exactly what the darling ex did and how he behaved during the legals. Even went further than that and told her how he manipualted me during our relationship.

I feel guily for going off on her, which I apologised for. BUT WHY IN THE H**L DO I FEEL GULITY FOR SAYING BAD STUFF ABOUT MY EX? Even when everything I said is true? Is there something wrong with me? HELP!

LISA, THE NEW AVATAR....ICK!!!:sick::sick::sick: I LIKED THE ANGEL!!

I didn't deserve this.

What will my life become? I hope there is someone out there for me, someone I can love as much as I loved him, who will love me the way I deserve to be loved.

Ther is someone out there for you Lisa, just you wait and see when you start classes. You'll have to chase them away!

Ok, so can anyone tell me why I feel guilty?

I just spoke to a mutal friend who made the comment that AT LEAST my ex didn't do blah blah......

I went a bit nuts on her! Told her exactly what the darling ex did and how he behaved during the legals. Even went further than that and told her how he manipualted me during our relationship.

I feel guily for going off on her, which I apologised for. BUT WHY IN THE H**L DO I FEEL GULITY FOR SAYING BAD STUFF ABOUT MY EX? Even when everything I said is true? Is there something wrong with me? HELP!

NO, I don't thin theres something wrong with you. You've spent 18 years putting him in the best light, and singing his praises. Now that you have to express the bad side of things, it's only natural that you'd feel guilty, you still feel love for him, want to defend his carachter. As you discover more and more of what hes done, you won't feel the guilt anymore.

TOJAZ

• Author
LISA, THE NEW AVATAR....ICK!!!:sick::sick::sick: I LIKED THE ANGEL!!

TOJAZ

I thought the lovely Keanu would be a nice weekend treat for all us LS ladies, we deserve it after what we have been through! Arr Keanu, you know I will marry you one day right?!!!!!!!! ;):D:p;)

I thought the lovely Keanu would be a nice weekend treat for all us LS ladies, we deserve it after what we have been through! Arr Keanu, you know I will marry you one day right?!!!!!!!! ;):D:p;)

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

• Author
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

H&D put an older pic of him on yours, double scoop treats! YUM! ;):p

hopesndreams

lol at avatar Tojaz.

The handsome devil to your left is Jeremy Sisto. Way hotter than Keanu! Enjoy everyone.

hopesndreams
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

H&D put an older pic of him on yours, double scoop treats! YUM! ;):p

That's not Keanu, lmao!

lol at avatar Tojaz.

The handsome devil to your left is Jeremy Sisto. Way hotter than Keanu! Enjoy everyone.

Turnabout is fair play. :p:p

Who is that? He looks familiar?

hopesndreams

Actor, he's on Law & Order, he was also on Six Feet Under...been in quite a few movies as well. One of my faves ever since I saw him in the movie Hideaway.

Do you think you resemble him? ;)

Actor, he's on Law & Order, he was also on Six Feet Under...been in quite a few movies as well. One of my faves ever since I saw him in the movie Hideaway.

Do you think you resemble him? ;)

I wish!!! I've got pics in my profile. more of a shaved ape really. LOL:p

• Author

NO, I don't thin theres something wrong with you. You've spent 18 years putting him in the best light, and singing his praises. Now that you have to express the bad side of things, it's only natural that you'd feel guilty, you still feel love for him, want to defend his carachter. As you discover more and more of what hes done, you won't feel the guilt anymore.

TOJAZ

Thanks Tojaz, I just felt very disloyal, crazy given what he has done.

Thanks Tojaz, I just felt very disloyal, crazy given what he has done.

Not crazy, devoted. What else could a man ask for? I don't think were talking about a man though.

TOJAZ

• Author
Not crazy, devoted. What else could a man ask for? I don't think were talking about a man though.

TOJAZ

What do you mean we're not talking about a man? :confused:

What do you mean we're not talking about a man? :confused:

Sounds like a child to me. (looked like one too ;)) A selfish Child!

TOJAZ