Summer has started.

Me and my FWB have been FWB since early December 2008.We hang out about every 2-4 days. about every other time we hang out we'll smoke together. we've gotten food together about 3 times while we're high. we once smoked with his really good friend who was in town visiting. he's talked about how me, him, and his brother should smoke together sometime. He took another girl to prom. And im pretty sure that girl likes him. We've cut school and gone to each other's houses twice. He can't text, and we only call each other to hook up. We talk a lot when we hang out and it's fun. He let me keep his jacket and when i asked if he wanted it back he told me to keep it. We are both 18 and just finished High School. When we were making ground rules he said that he didn't want to have a relationship for the rest of senior year because he wanted to focus on school and sports. He meant he didn't want to have a relationship with anyone, not just with me. Senior year is over and i like him. I want to be more serious with him. But if I tell him I like him, and he doesn't feel the same, i don't want things to be over between us because what we have is really fun and i don't want to ruin it.

i don't want to bluntly tell him how i feel, so is there anything i can do or say that will subtly hint that i want more?

thank you! :)

I"m not one who takes my own advice, but bluntly telling him is most solid way ever to get the point across. Hinting only makes a person start guessing, which gets you nowhere. And it isn't like your timing is bad because senior year is now over. Maybe he hoped that you would wait with him ;), who knows. If it's easier you could even write it in a letter or email.

Just be ready for the friendship/FWB to change. He has been very upfront that he did not want a relationship; if you tell him, then he may end it.

Personally, I think the biggest hint here that he doesn't want YOU in a "real" relationship is that he took another girl to prom. If he had the littlest swirly feelings in his stomach about you, he would have asked you.

Just be ready for the friendship/FWB to change. He has been very upfront that he did not want a relationship; if you tell him, then he may end it.

Personally, I think the biggest hint here that he doesn't want YOU in a "real" relationship is that he took another girl to prom. If he had the littlest swirly feelings in his stomach about you, he would have asked you.

You could be right but I've been in this situation before, sometimes its best to get it off your chest and out in the open, no matter what the result might be. If he does want to end it, that's probably the best thing for her anyway, right?