19 year old guy that's very lonely!

illmatic21390

illmatic21390

Hey I'm new around here but I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Mikey I'm 19 out of college on summer break. I'm am the owner and founder of D2s Auto Spa here in NY which is an auto detailing business. I'm doing really good for myself right now and currently live with my parents.

I recently just got done with a 4 year relationship with a high school sweetheart that I was with since my freshman year. It's been a couple months already but I've been slowly recovering from it. I've really been wanting to get back into dating again and talking to women. I want to date women older than me cause the women my age are immature and joke around too much. The thing is I don't know how to approach women. I know you say be yourself, but when I try being myself I always get nervous and start to choke on my on saliva lol.

Most women around here get freaked when you talk to them or ignore you thinking your some horny bastard on the street lol. There is this one cute blonde girl I saw today and she kept walking up and down the street. She was soooo cute!! I wanted to talk to her but I was all messy and stuff cause I had some clients cars over at my house. Also I didn't know what to say but "HI" or "Hey" after that my mind is pretty much blank. Any suggestions?

It's very simple. Honestly you really just talk like you would a friend. I'm not saying that is going to work 100% of the time. Some girls and people for that matter just don't want to be talked to. And you can usually sense if someone doesn't want to talk to you and or a conversation is going nowhere. And if that's the case, who cares. Don't try and chase too much and make your intentions obvious as to what you're doing. Just let it go. There are plenty of pretty girls around in even the most remote places.

You said a girl was walking up and down the street? What was she doing by the way? Was she lost? Perhaps you could have asked if she needed help with directions. Really it doesn't take a whole lot to start a conversation with an attractive girl. Just think of something conventional to converse about.

As for dating older women, that is probably a bit harder. What you said about girls around your age applies to women as well. Why would an older girl want to date a younger boy? I mean it happens, but most girls I talk to have an interest in boys their age or boys quite a few years older. And girls around your age aren't all immature. There are "types" of a certain age group level that may come off that way, but they don't speak for an entire age group of girls.

hey welcome.

you live in NY? what part? i'm from Brooklyn,but a true mahattanite

NY has lots and lots of things to offer as far as meeting people.

social events, live music,or just walking down the E. Village on a balmy summer night,if u see someone nice,heres no harm in saying hello-

especially if u see someone walking up and dowm,folks do tend get lost over there

or making conversation,if all else fails we can switch places, you can come down Louisiana where i now live, and i can be up there in NY,southern gals,and for me guys are a bit friendler especially during that Tigers football game.

The Blue Pill

NY has lots and lots of things to offer as far as meeting people.

There you go. Try growing up in a town of ~745 :(

what town do you live in Blue pill,time to move oen to the big city,

i live in Baton Rouge,still seems like a small town to me,sorry B.R.

My advice would be to take mental notes on women, like the blond you mentioned before. She seems to be walking by a lot, maybe she's lost or looking for a certain building. Put yourself out there and take it in stride.

Women tend to gravitate towards more confident men. : )

Also when a woman mentions something about themselves in conversation, try to repeat casually later on, it makes a huge impression.

"I was thinking about Italian but remembered you love Greek food."

or "I bought you some flowers, I made sure they were yellow roses."

hope that helps ^.~

out of curiosity....do you know how to install a cold air intake system? I have a 1967 mustang that I dropped a new engine into and while its still out of commission I wanted to know how difficult it would be to install....thank you for any help : )

2.50 a gallon

Learn to dance and learn how to like cats.

I am serious about learning to dance. They will be trying to talk to you.

Here is how it works, with the passage of time, your social skills will increase. You will learn to ask a lady if she would like to have a cup of coffee, ice cream cone, pizza. Learn to ask them about themselves and not try to impress them by talking about yourself. Let them ask.

You are only 19 years old, in college, have a successful business and living in NY. Dude, you have a bucketfull of E tickets. Relax and enjoy the ride.

It's obvious you are a very successful person and you've had a long relationship, so know you can do it. Of course, because you have seen the same person for years, you are a bit out of practice.

When I'm stuck in an area of my life I try to look within at the same time I reach out. You may need to think about what you need to build your confidence socially. It might work for you to just be more outgoing generally, without focusing on a specific encounter with a woman, so that you can evaluate what helps people respond to you with ease. For dating ideas, check out: http://verytogether.com/love/dating/

There are loads of ideas for easily meeting people in the summer and starting new relationships.

Good luck!