What does it all mean?

radicalchick

Ok. I've got a few friends back East that I keep in touch with on a regular basis. One in particular who I dated for a very short while when I was 16 and he was 14. I broke up with him and I remember he was heart broken, but he stayed my friend and is one of my best friends.

Over the years I moved around a lot and occasionally lost touch, but he always seemed to find me and made of point of coming to see me. Looking back, I think he was just making sure I was okay and letting me know he was there for me.

I can't explain it, but lately since we've been talking and confiding more in each other, he's been showing up more and more in my dreams. It's always a different scenario, but always the same actions. We start out talking and I get a 'vibe' from him that to me I'm more than just a friend. I always wake up though just as we start to kiss. Now I find myself more and more excited to talk with him and learn more about how things are going for him.

He's also confided in me about his string of bad luck with women. He plays guitar in a popular band and always seems to end of with the 'wrong girl' as he puts it. That's when he confides in me most. What do I make of all of this? He's 3000 miles away first of all and we've been the best of friends for over 20 years! I'm in touch with all my good friends, most of them men and he's the only one I'm getting this vibe from. What could be happening if anything? Am I just fantasizing maybe because deep down I'm just lonely? I mean it has been awhile since I've dated. What the hell??? HELP!:D

What would keep you from dating this person? Say the distance wasn't there, or wasn't an issue? You're dreaming about them because, well, you're thinking about him a lot. He's shown he'll be there for you and he seeks you out. That tells me that he cares about you a lot.

It could be that you are just uncovering long lost strange feelings for this guy. Almost the, "I wonder..." kind of thoughts.

it IS because youre lonely. If you had someone in your area that you were speaking to on a daily basis, and seeing in person, you wouldnt be writing on a forum trying to decipher mixed messages from someone who is 3000 miles away.

• Author
radicalchick
it IS because youre lonely. If you had someone in your area that you were speaking to on a daily basis, and seeing in person, you wouldnt be writing on a forum trying to decipher mixed messages from someone who is 3000 miles away.

I'm not THAT lonely. I do have friends and loads of family here. All of which I'm close to. I'm rarely ever home and spend an average of maybe an hour each day on the computer either returning emails or working on projects. This is someone I've known for over 25 years and this is the first time I haven't been in a relationship while knowing him. He's single as well. I just can't explain the dreams I'm having about him because I've never had these feelings about him before. I don't dream about any of my other friends this way, so I just thought I'd get some input. Whether it be fantasy or reality, it's always nice to think someone loves you.

I'm not THAT lonely. I do have friends and loads of family here. All of which I'm close to. I'm rarely ever home and spend an average of maybe an hour each day on the computer either returning emails or working on projects. This is someone I've known for over 25 years and this is the first time I haven't been in a relationship while knowing him. He's single as well. I just can't explain the dreams I'm having about him because I've never had these feelings about him before. I don't dream about any of my other friends this way, so I just thought I'd get some input. Whether it be fantasy or reality, it's always nice to think someone loves you.

Your freinds dont replace what you really want. So you are that lonely deep down. Thats what you asked. You can dream about him all you want, but you still need to find someone new in your area to get involved with.