"The One"?

Le Rendezvous

Le Rendezvous

I know it's cliche, but when you were dating someone that you are now married or engaged to, what feelings did you have for this person when you first started dating? Was it a feeling profoundly different than others you've previously dated, or did it feel normal and gradually transition into much deeper emotions?

I'm interested to see everyone's responses. :D

I'm not married or engaged, but did have this discussion once with an aunt. I was telling her how I just love my life so much, and I feel so fulfilled on my own, that I can imagine a really fantastic and fulfilling life without a husband. That I wouldn't mind getting married, but I've never met a guy that made me think that I'd like to (just for the sake of getting married), or who I could really imagine myself married to.

I was telling her this because she's always been the same way as me. She said she knew exactly what I was talking about and that she had thuoght she would never get married for the same reasons. But then she met someone; she didn't specify feelings, but she assured me that you just know.

MusicChick24

I'm engaged to my bf of 4 years, and we started dating in High School. When we first started dating it just felt normal, maybe even a bit awkward at first because I was his first gf so alot of things I had experienced in previous relationships he had never experienced. Everything has to start somewhere so I would be lying if I said the moment we started going out I knew we would get married, because that is so far from the truth.

As time progressed we had our ups and downs. Every moment was different so even though by our 1 year mark I knew he was the one, he took a little bit longer to commit that I was the one he was going to marry. A whole 3 more years than it took me. But now we are happy as ever, and knowing we are meant to be makes everything work out alot easier.