Friend/Co-Worker

Jersey_Mike

I've had a crush on a female co-worker for over a year. A couple times a month her and I will go to lunch together. We also occasionally chat online during work hours. I've always felt a connection between us but we never have hung out outside of work. Last week she invited me to go out of town with her family for the 4th of July weekend. I went and had a great time. Even though we slept in the same bed, nothing happened. She's mentioned in the past and again over the weekend that she has a rule of not dating co-workers. She even talked about a crush she has on a guy friend from college who she hasn't kept in touch with in 3-4 years until recently. I kept searching for signs this weekend of her interest in me but came away with nothing. I'm confused. What do ya'll think?

I know you might not want to ruin the friendship but if you really need to know I think the best thing to do is ask her how she feels about you in that way. Maybe you guys can go on a date to see how things work out. That is probably the best and most accurate way of telling.

Welcome to the city of the Replacement Boyfriend. Population: you.

She's got everything she needs from you, and you get nothing from her. Tell me, what's so special about this?

I posted this before, I think you need to read it:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t193127/

Get out of this situation. You will lose your soul to this girl. If you want to be friends with her, fine. If you want to date her, make her 100% aware of that fact. Do NOT compromise!!!

I think something's wrong with saying that she doesn't want to date co-workers, then have one meet her family and sleep in the same bed with her. That's a total hipocrit if you ask me. I say blow her off.