Hi @ all

I'm writing this because I am really feeling down. Here's what's going on:

I am interested in a girl for the past months, and I feel we are really getting closer. But yesterday I just found in her hi5 page that the she just got commited to someone, along with a fancy comment saying: "my lover, you are getting even more beautiful @"

Seriously, I don't know if I can trust this or not, but anyway, I'll ask her personally if she is in fact with someone. But honestly, I don't know if I can handle the rejection =\

I'm a 16 year old guy (and she's 19) and never had a single girlfriend in my entire life. I never hanged out or even kissed any girl so far, and I'm really getting desperate, because I feel lonely and I know I need someone special with me to make me feel "complete"

Any comment is appreciated

Many thanks, roflmao

I'm a 16 year old guy (and she's 19) and never had a single girlfriend in my entire life.

I can understand feeling lonely. But you are young and have your whole life ahead of you.

Umkay... I have to ask... how did you two meet? Cause it's clear that you guys didn't meet at school unless she was held back a few grades. With that said... you are too young for her. Not sure where your from but in most states it would be considered statutory rape since she is over 18.

Anyway... I know that you can't help who you like. So, maybe you should ask her if she has a bf. If not... consider telling her how you feel. You never know unless you try. And if she rejects you... just know that you will get over it.... I have.... many many times.

• Author

Hi Awesome84! Thank you for your answer. Well We both have tennis lessons together. In fact, we met when she came to my class.

As for the "statutory rape" part: We're from Portugal, and it is only considered statutory rape if there's a difference of 5 years (unless we're both adults, which is not the case)

I know this age difference may seem kinda odd, but it's amazing the whole ammount of things we have in common. I got the chance to talk with her about this "romantic" part, and I can't believe that she thinks exactly the same way as me. And, along with some signals I though they meant something, I just fell in the idea that I finally found the right one. And now I see this...it's just too mean =\

I'm going to be with her today, and I'll ask her directly if she in fact has a bf or not...if she has, God I hope I can get through it =| )=

As for the "statutory rape" part: We're from Portugal, and it is only considered statutory rape if there's a difference of 5 years (unless we're both adults, which is not the case)

Aww your cute (no disrespect. I meant cute in a nephew way... I'm 29... probably an old lady to you... LOL. :p)

Ok... so forget I mentioned statutory rape then... since your from Portugal and all. My grandma was 13 when her and my grandpa got together and he was 19... she was from the Philippines. So then, yes... ask her if she has a bf in a casual sort of way... not in a desperate I like you sort of way... so she doesn't get scared off.

Good luck!

*Disclaimer: I've been up all night cause I can't sleep... So sorry if my post was a bit weird. :bunny::bunny::bunny:

• Author

Well I'll give my best shot!

I guess what's worst is that I still believe in fairy tales and the "happily ever after" stuff. Unfortunately, I begin to understand that it's not always like that. =\

• Author

Just a small update on events here:

I've been with her just 30 mins ago, and I had the chance to ask her if she is in fact in a relationship. Let me "re-create" the moment: She smiled for about 3 secs and she said: "Well let's see...if it works. But I've been so much time alone that I think I'm not in the mood for it. I guess I got used to the fact that I'm alone...".

In a friendly tone, I said: "Aw don't say that. I'm sure it'll work ;)"

"Let's see..." - she repeated

After a reacion like this, I decided I'm ready to let her go outta my head, if I really have to. I'll hold on to music (I play guitar and music has been my passion for years now :D) and tennis. I guess there's nothing else to do, but wait...if she's in fact the right one, she eventually break up with him and I'll have my chance (honestly, I start to think that I know her better than some other folks, because we talk a lot and discuss several subjects together...that allowed me to know her a bit better, and vice-versa). If she's not the one...oh well, I still can deal normally with her, as a friend. Besides, we laughed and talked a lot during the whole tennis class and I like to have her, at least, as a friend (and that I'm sure she is :D)

Anyways, all comments are welcome ; )

So she has a boyfriend. Now that's known, I suggest you date some other girls and soon I'll bet you'll lose your romantic interest in this one. I would think it's very rare for a first relationship to last long anyway. It's probably a good idea to date lots of girls and to take care not to fall in love too fast - it easily takes a couple of years before one knows a person well; you need to be with them in lots of different situations and in difficult times as well as good before you can get a good knowledge of them and whether you are going to be compatible in the long term.

• Author
So she has a boyfriend. Now that's known, I suggest you date some other girls and soon I'll bet you'll lose your romantic interest in this one. I would think it's very rare for a first relationship to last long anyway. It's probably a good idea to date lots of girls and to take care not to fall in love too fast - it easily takes a couple of years before one knows a person well; you need to be with them in lots of different situations and in difficult times as well as good before you can get a good knowledge of them and whether you are going to be compatible in the long term.

I agree with you. But honestly I dunno if I can keep short-term relationships just to "get used" to it. You see, most of my friends go out at night, to night clubs and stuff, and they start kissing the girl they find the hottest, just because, as they say, "it's awesome, and if you don't get any girl to kiss/touch/etc., the whole night's gonna be boring". I find that disgusting...I mean, I don't want to enter that one-night relationships just to forget this girl, because I fear that one day I may lose the feeling of truly like someone and truly being in love. =\

That's just my thought.