Write something wonderful about your partner

GorillaTheater
He shifts so smoothly without stressing the tranny or clutch. No juvenile bang it into second gear at 6000 rpm for him! :love:

Oh yeah, Something Wonderful About My Partner: she can drive a manual. And put a shim on a battery post all by herself. :love:

But good women will associate with other good women and not think about the bad one.

Anyways thanks. I'd ask you more but I don't think private messages work for me.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you've been on here long enough or have enough posts to get PM privileges yet.

I just said the insults were somewhat insenstive.

That's it. I never even used the word mean.lol.

Forget about it. let's move on.

You seem like one of the exceptions anyways so I never insulted you.

No, you said I was insensitive. But that's ok. I can let it go. And thanks for saying I'm an exception but I dont' think I really am. There are a lot of good women out there. But yeah, there are some bad ones. Just don't fool yourself into thinking they're ALL bad, ok? It's easy to fall into that kind of thinking. We've all done it. But it's not the case.

(Yeah, don't you hate it when people just join with a username called: newtoloveshac and start making wrong assumptions of memebers that have been here forever, as if they know what they are talking about)

Yes, I do.

I agree. Yes good men are exceptions. I never said they weren't. Not ever men is great. I just feel like there are more exceptions to the rule in the male gender.

I don't think so.

Fathers usually grill their daughter's dates to ensure he is of proper caliber. Women usually don't seem to. Although the MIL horror stories are scary.

I don't get your obsession with this. I'm protective of my son. That's just a stereotype. I've already told you that I confronted one of our son's little girlfriends and told her to stop calling/texting him. She was a little slut. That's sad to say about a 13 year old but I'm sorry she was and I didn't want her ilk around my son.

maybe i'll post some positive threads.

Maybe you should. THIS ONE is SUPPOSED to be one where we post positive things about our SOs. Why don't you let us stay on topic? Pretty please? :)

How many posts are needed?

I'll ask you more when I get those privileges.

maybe i'll post some positive threads.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see them/respond to them, NTLS! :)

Trialbyfire
Ok, TBF, back to the topic: I love that my husband, when I did something REALLY stupid Saturday night & when out with the girls to a neighborhood pub, drank 4 beers on an empty stomach & ended up arfing everything I drank, DIDN'T give me crap when I called asked him to come get me. I sure wasn't going to try to drive (just because I was irresponsible & drank without eating, I sure wasn't going to jeopardize someone else's life). He came, picked me up, took me home, put me to bed & just grinned wickedly at me Sunday morning when I told him how stupid I felt. Now, THAT'S my man!:cool:
Well I'm glad that you called your SO, instead of driving. That he handled it in stride, is more than cool!

Oh yeah, Something Wonderful About My Partner: she can drive a manual. And put a shim on a battery post all by herself. :love:
How do you shim a battery post? I've shimmed a battery where it wasn't the perfect height (my fault for ordering the imperfect model number), since the connectors were too inflexible to bend down to the posts. Perhaps this is what you meant? Regardlesss, high fives to another woman who's willing to get her hands dirty in the engine bay! :):bunny:

I love that my man handles all my car maintenance. (I'm a bad, bad, selfish woman!)

AlektraClementine

I'm a mother. I once had to stand up for my son (he's only 6) against a bully. A girl bully :laugh: He came home telling me stories about this little girl who bullied the whole class. I went in the next day to drop him at pre-school and got a look at the not-so-little girl. She looked like one of the Odoyles. "Odoyle Rules!" So I decided to speak to the mother about this. One morning the next week, my boy says "mommy, look. it's her!". I pull up behind this enormous Yukon and wait. The woman that got out was about 3 times my size!

I walked over to her, knees shaking, and let her have a piece of my mind. Told her that she ought to get a handle on her kid being a little punk to the other children and disrupting their learning. She didn't give a rats a**. Go figure.

Also - I have two younger brothers who are 20 and 21. I am constantly checking in on them. Making sure they're making it to job interviews, inquiring about their lives and advising them on how to dump the skanks they date. Let me in front of one of those girls just once!! haha.

Also told my fiance that a ring was unnecessary for me. I only cared about marrying him. He got me one anyway and SG, let me tell you....it is so much fun to look at! Good luck and I hope you get one too!!! That's one innanimate object that I love very deeply ;)

AlektraClementine

Also, my fiance and I spent about an hour in traffic today teasing one another. We decided to both poke eachother in the leg incessantly until someone called "uncle". He teases me all the time. About my disorganization, my neurosis, name it. It's all fair and done with a lightheartedness. One of those things that makes me cackle.

Haha! Loved your post Alektra. That line about loving the inanimate object (the ring) was hilarious!

Just wanted to say that I've also supported my stepson when his heart got broken by his first love. For whatever reason I was the one he was able to open up to about it. He wouldn't really talk to his mom or dad about it.

Oh and Alktra, Mr. T teases me about my disorganizaton too! He's just the opposite of me. Super organized. But I get the job done. Just in my own way.;)

Trialbyfire
I love that my man handles all my car maintenance. (I'm a bad, bad, selfish woman!)
You are now go change a timing belt or two! :mad::laugh:
Also told my fiance that a ring was unnecessary for me. I only cared about marrying him. He got me one anyway and SG, let me tell you....it is so much fun to look at! Good luck and I hope you get one too!!! That's one innanimate object that I love very deeply ;)

Oh, I know I'll love it very deeply too! I'll be passionate about it. It might even turn into a pet... perhaps I should name it? :love:

You are now go change a timing belt or two! :mad::laugh:

What the hell is a timing belt? Does it have to do with the seatbelt and when that locks into place or something? No clue.

Oh, I know I'll love it very deeply too! I'll be passionate about it. It might even turn into a pet... perhaps I should name it? :love:

You think it will bring out your kindness?

:p

I'd name it Rocky.

Lauriebell82

Actually an engagement ring is a very special symbol and I love mine deeply. You'll see when you get one of course.

Lauriebell82
What the hell is a timing belt? Does it have to do with the seatbelt and when that locks into place or something? No clue.

You think it will bring out your kindness?

:p

I'd name it Rocky.

Rocky is a nice name, mine is "Mr. Sparkles." Everyone can laugh at that one, it is actually the perfect name. I'll even admit that it's funny we call it that.

Actually an engagement ring is a very special symbol and I love mine deeply. You'll see when you get one of course.

Ooooohhhhh! LB is getting feisty! Didn't know you had it in you, girl!:laugh:

But come on, already! We're joking. Sheesh!

Lauriebell82
Ooooohhhhh! LB is getting feisty! Didn't know you had it in you, girl!:laugh:

But come on, already! We're joking. Sheesh!

Yeah, I felt like throwing a little somethin in there just for kicks ya know? The bad side of LB I guess you could say.

Rocky is a nice name, mine is "Mr. Sparkles." Everyone can laugh at that one, it is actually the perfect name. I'll even admit that it's funny we call it that.

:lmao: Haha! I call Mr. T that! (You know we have our OCD men in common.) You can call fiance Mr. Sparkles too!:laugh:

Yeah, I felt like throwing a little somethin in there just for kicks ya know? The bad side of LB I guess you could say.

OH , but I'm liking your bad side (sorry, SG!:laugh:) It's good. Didn't know you had it in you. ;)

Trialbyfire
Being able to give, should equal what you're able to get. If you can take it, do it. If you can't, you're going to get yourself into hot water and you also hold grudges, I noticed.
AlektraClementine

Though I must say, I sometimes think he loves the ring more than I do. Maybe it's a "protecting his investment" thing. He sure does stare at it a lot and inquire as to it's health.

I think I'll call mine Raquel.

Lauriebell82
OH , but I'm liking your bad side (sorry, SG!:laugh:) It's good. Didn't know you had it in you. ;)

Yeah, I could unleash if I really wanted to. I know that since I feel bad when others tease me though, I don't usually do it too much. I don't want them to feel the same way.

Lauriebell82
:lmao: Haha! I call Mr. T that! (You know we have our OCD men in common.) You can call fiance Mr. Sparkles too!:laugh:

Well we don't want to mix the two up. Besides his name is "Gary Poppins" because of his "lets tidy up" comments.

I counted how many times he said "lets tidy up" yesterday. 11 times!!!

Yeah, I could unleash if I really wanted to. I know that since I feel bad when others tease me though, I don't usually do it too much. I don't want them to feel the same way.

I think the difference is in the intent, LB - if someone is being MEAN instead of just teasing out of humor, that's where it becomes painful. Most of the people on here just have good senses of humor & that's the light in which they tease.

Trialbyfire

I call my ring...ring, my car...car, my hair...hair... ;)

S. also calls inanimate objects by their real names too! I like that! :love: