Do you think he loves me?

Cheerleader

Cheerleader

Well, my boyfriend of oneyear and half, tells me that he loves me and that when we get out of college we are going to get married. He buys me really nice things and anything I have ever asked for he has gotten. Do you think that he is in love with me? He tells me that he loves me with all his heart and that he would be honored to even think about me. He does all that" boyfriend" stuff, like rubs my feet, buys me flowers all the time, takes me everywhere, kisses me and hugs me (and stuff). What do you think ? Does he like me or is he just trying to keep me close?

Yes. Why are you asking? It seems obvious. If you have doubts about his sincerity, Freud would say you're projecting your own feelings onto him, thus implicating that you aren't in love with him....

magicklady

AMEN Nina.. I was going to say the same thing!

Yes. Why are you asking? It seems obvious. If you have doubts about his sincerity, Freud would say you're projecting your own feelings onto him, thus implicating that you aren't in love with him....

Cheerleader, If the guy does not "love" you, he is obviously convinced that he does. One should always look at actions rather than words ... and his actions speak "I Love You."

My concern is: Do you love him? This concern is most genuine and you owe it to yourself and this fine man to search your soul but good for that answer.

Your first words in this post are: "He buys me really nice things and anything I have ever asked for he has gotten. Do you think that he is in love with me?"

Let me repeat this to you as if someone else told you from their own experience and NOT yours: "My guy has bought me everything I have ever asked for ... he has gotten it for me. Could this mean he loves me?" Cheer, you are one material girl! You did NOT first bring up how he treats you and most people first address that which is most important to them ... You addressed what he BUYS you.

It is my humble opinion that you wrote posted in this forum for opinions in order to sort out in your mind how you really feel about him. You see, even if he never bought you anything, but treated you as well as you say he does, your love would be there for him IF he were the right guy for you.

Even material gals fall in love with guys who don't "buy them everything they ask for". Most gals fall in love with a man with which they share mutual interests, goals, family planning or lack thereof ... chemestry helps a whole lot, but is not the entire deal.

So, Cheerleader, do YOU love this fine man or are you out for what he can do for you? Think about it.

billy the kid

youhad better go out and buy him a ring and ask him to marry you tonight, if you loose this one all you will do for the rest of your life is tell the big fishing story "the one that got away" then again if you don't see this already go see an eye doctor, cuz your blind or maybe just so beautiful that no man has ever said "no" so then your spoiled... either way "you" loose if this one walks.

AMEN Nina.. I was going to say the same thing!

Cheerleader:

Wow! Sounds like this could be the real deal. Mine treats me the same, but I don't question it; I enjoy the hell out of it and hope it never ends.

My questions -- How do you feel about all this attention? Do you love him? Any talk of future plans? Sounds like he not only likes you and wants to keep you close, but loves you dearly as well. Would you care to go into detail regarding the "stuff" he gets/expects in return? I also wonder why you are questioning his motives; are you happy with this relationship?

I know a lot of women who would love this type of attention and affection, and they wouldn't question it, they would get it while they could.

Well, my boyfriend of oneyear and half, tells me that he loves me and that when we get out of college we are going to get married. He buys me really nice things and anything I have ever asked for he has gotten. Do you think that he is in love with me? He tells me that he loves me with all his heart and that he would be honored to even think about me. He does all that" boyfriend" stuff, like rubs my feet, buys me flowers all the time, takes me everywhere, kisses me and hugs me (and stuff). What do you think ? Does he like me or is he just trying to keep me close?

Absolutely couldn't agree with D. more. My first thought was you should be asking yourself "Do I think I love him?"

Had I the time or inclination, I too would have responded as such. (Please read it again...)

Cheerleader, If the guy does not "love" you, he is obviously convinced that he does. One should always look at actions rather than words ... and his actions speak "I Love You."

My concern is: Do you love him? This concern is most genuine and you owe it to yourself and this fine man to search your soul but good for that answer. Your first words in this post are: "He buys me really nice things and anything I have ever asked for he has gotten. Do you think that he is in love with me?" Let me repeat this to you as if someone else told you from their own experience and NOT yours: "My guy has bought me everything I have ever asked for ... he has gotten it for me. Could this mean he loves me?" Cheer, you are one material girl! You did NOT first bring up how he treats you and most people first address that which is most important to them ... You addressed what he BUYS you. It is my humble opinion that you wrote posted in this forum for opinions in order to sort out in your mind how you really feel about him. You see, even if he never bought you anything, but treated you as well as you say he does, your love would be there for him IF he were the right guy for you. Even material gals fall in love with guys who don't "buy them everything they ask for". Most gals fall in love with a man with which they share mutual interests, goals, family planning or lack thereof ... chemestry helps a whole lot, but is not the entire deal. So, Cheerleader, do YOU love this fine man or are you out for what he can do for you? Think about it.

D. To AJay

Dear AJay, GREAT RESPONSE~~~! AMEN! I sure do hope Cheerleader reads your response as well as mine and puts 2 and 2 together then does a LOT of soul searching. HUGS! D.

Cheerleader: Wow! Sounds like this could be the real deal. Mine treats me the same, but I don't question it; I enjoy the hell out of it and hope it never ends. My questions -- How do you feel about all this attention? Do you love him? Any talk of future plans? Sounds like he not only likes you and wants to keep you close, but loves you dearly as well. Would you care to go into detail regarding the "stuff" he gets/expects in return? I also wonder why you are questioning his motives; are you happy with this relationship? I know a lot of women who would love this type of attention and affection, and they wouldn't question it, they would get it while they could.

D. I know huh, Rah - Rah - Rah!!!

It's great to get two responses oppositely the same. I wish him luck...

Dear AJay, GREAT RESPONSE~~~! AMEN! I sure do hope Cheerleader reads your response as well as mine and puts 2 and 2 together then does a LOT of soul searching. HUGS! D.

Hell, I would be in heaven if my boyfriend (well now ex) did all that for me. I don't see any reason why you would doubt him. Count yourself lucky...you got one of the good ones!!