Breaking up for good

Marie

I have been with the same guy since I was 15, now I'm almost 20. We are each others first loves. We lived together for a year and I never asked him to pay a single bill. We have gotten to the stage where we are seeing other people. I always wanted to marry him but I cheated on him and he cheated on me. We are both Gemini's and our relationship has too many ups and downs. We don't trust each other. I'm talking to a lot of guys right now and I can't stand any of them. I hate meeting new people. I want to just stay put. Last night he hit me for the first time in 5 years and busted my lip. I think that we are forcing something that wasn't meant to be. I still love him, but more like a brother. How do I move on and not turn back to him everytime someone dissapoints me? How do I let go for good?

My parents divorced and I always felt like they didn't work hard enough to make it work. so everytime we argue I am the first one to reconcile. I can't go back anymore. I don't want to lose him and I can't imagine looking in his eyes and not knowing the person inside. But I am going to have to cut him off completely and I don't know how.